Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Sam Eggington Back on Track, Batters Fiordigiglio in Two

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Sam Eggington Back on Track, Batters Fiordigiglio in Two

Sam Eggington breathed life back into his career as he handed out a two-round beating to Orlando Fiordigiglio in Florence, Italy, on Thursday night. The 35-year-old Italian went into the fight ranked No 5 by the IBF at super-welterweight, as well as holding rankings of 15 with the WBC and 14 with the WBO, but could not cope with Eggington's walk-forward aggressive style.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Not sure what this means. A win over a 35-yr old Italian guy who fought all but one fight in his entire career in Italy (the other in France) is putting Eggington back on track for what exactly? He did blow him out though, so that's good.

Comment

Originally posted by NachoMan View Post
      Not sure what this means. A win over a 35-yr old Italian guy who fought all but one fight in his entire career in Italy (the other in France) is putting Eggington back on track for what exactly? He did blow him out though, so that's good.
      Well remember, Eggington is best known for stopping Paulie. And you heard the British commentators:

But he kinda fell off after that legendary win, so any opportunity to get back on track, you know.

Comment

eggington continues winning(between losing)

Comment

Eggington is the Wopcutioner

Comment

I just wish Fa$t £ddie would put some shows on in Southern Spain!

Comment

I like Eggington, he's a bit of an everyman; but lets face it, he's never going to set the world alight. His best attribute is toughness and technically he's very basic. That will get you somewhere if you're a physical monster in the division - like he was at 147 before the weight loss became an issue, or like Hurd at 154 - but the minute this type of fighter gives up their physical advantage they struggle.

Comment

Eggington V Pigford next pls.

Comment

Punching Bagington! If this guy has any friends, they absolutely have to convince him to stop boxing...

Comment

I was kind of upset with myself for wasting several hours of my life watching this telecast. Both guys are basically club fighters. If that's your cup of tea, then it was probably exciting. I think I'll stick with watching the tops guys Duke it out.

Comment

Working...
                    X