Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Wilder Fully Expects To Rip Open Fury's Cut During Rematch

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Wilder Fully Expects To Rip Open Fury's Cut During Rematch

WBC heavyweight champion Deontay Wilder fully expects to rip open the cut that Tyson Fury sustained last Saturday night in his decision victory over unbeaten prospect Otto Wallin. Fury sustained a severe cut in the third right, from a clean punch, and the cut grew worse as the contest played out.
    [Click Here To Read More]

And he should, he should throw the jab religiously, and he should work on the left hook just as much. He will need more than just a right hand...and he has to go to the body as well. Wilder had a very bad habit of waiting for openings, just looking at his opponent and posing....he has given away countless rounds with that extremely bad habit. It is the most annoying habit in all of boxing and he employs it as if it’s stapled to the side of his head......I often find myself yelling “throw some damn punches knucklehead” at the tele

Comment

Tysons temple = one giant bullseye!

Comment

Hoping your opponent’s injury hasn’t healed isn’t a great show of confidence

Comment

Originally posted by GlassJoey View Post
          Did you even read the article? Wilder said, "I hope they heal well, and I can’t wait to see Mr Fury."

Comment

Originally posted by GlassJoey View Post
            It's a strategy. Did you call Cotto garbage when he said he was going to target Marg's injured eye? If Fighter A breaks Fighter B's ribs in the second round, is he weak and lacking confidence if he continues to go to the body after that?

Comment

"No matter what he does, when he fights me, [the cut] is going to open right back up. I’m going to pop it right back open. He can get plastic surgery, duck tape or staples, super glue or hot glue, cement glue. *****, he can go get some of that flex glue. It ain’t even going to matter.”

My dude is familiar with all the adhesives Home Depot has to offer!!

In all seriousness, I really want to see him keep his feet under him, stay balanced, and fight a disciplined fight. Stick the jab up and down, and throw the straight right to the body as much as possible. I wish he worked the body more... that would make the KO bomb land a lot easier.

Comment

Imma rip it open even wider than it was before.

By round six, he'll have a pussy on his forehead.

Comment

Wilder could use a new trainer to help teach him some new techniques, fundamentals and mechanics. He is not too old to learn.

Just take a look at Lennox Lewis and Wladimir Klitschko's careers. They continued to evolve and develop even as professionals.

Manny Steward changed them both into complete fighters. Both had gone from being pure sluggers into patient boxer/punchers.

The very same can happen to Deontay Wilder if he can get a new trainer to add a some new wrinkles to his game.

Comment

I would fully expect he would target a weak area, any good fighter would and Deontay is a good fighter. Question is will he make full use of a decent jab and target the eye that way or will he just keep swinging at it hoping for the best. He has got a good jab but he seems to not bother or abandon it alot of the time and he does have a tendency to head hunt too much looking for the big right. Time will tell.

Comment

Working...
                    X