No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: World Boxing Super Series: Heavyweights Eyed For 2020

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: World Boxing Super Series: Heavyweights Eyed For 2020

The next season of the World Boxing Super Series could feature a heavyweight division, which could mean Dereck Chisora getting an invitation, despite him slamming the tournament at a press conference last week. Heavyweight is one of four division under consideration for series three of the eight-man knockout event, which is likely to begin in February.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Yeah. Like they seem to have realised, good luck with getting any of the big three on board with that one.

TBH honest I'm quite surprised this is under discussion given the reported problems they've been having paying dudes this season.

I really, really want this ish to work - far as I'm concerned it's about the best thing to happen to boxing in a fair while, but fighters with other options ain't gonna sign for it less they get their payments and scheduling coming with cast iron guarantees in future.

Comment

... while Kalle Sauerland can't even pay the current WBSS fighters, tbh...

Comment

Happy if they can do it. But when they went from 2 divisions in season 1 to 3 division in season 2 it seemed to cause extra issues. Now they want to try and do 4 divisional tournaments at once from Feb to Dec, ambitious to the point it could all fall apart halfway through

Comment

Dillan can enter has he be over his ban drug ban or drug issues in time for this.

Boxing is garbarge i bet jarell miller will be involved.

Comment

Would love to see this - WBSS has produced some of the best fights of the past two years

Comment

This is going to be awesome!!!! We can identify the best from none TOP DoGs

Comment

Not going to happen at heavy weight and is unlikely in any division that gets loads of attention and attracts big $$$$

Unless they can come up with an absolute mountain of money. I reckon it would cost around 120-200 million in total prize funds to get all the top heavies involved.
                I love the format of the WBSS but it would be pointless If the top 3 HWs were not involved.

Comment

Dillian Whyte, Daniel Dubois, Filip Hrgovic, Agit Kabayel and the winner of the Joseph Parker-Chisora fight as possible entrants.

Hell YES, sign me up and add:

Joe Joyce
                  Pricey
                  Wallin

Comment

Originally posted by Philspring2018 View Post
                    Not going to happen at heavy weight and is unlikely in any division that gets loads of attention and attracts big $$$$

Unless they can come up with an absolute mountain of money. I reckon it would cost around 120-200 million in total prize funds to get all the top heavies involved.
                    I love the format of the WBSS but it would be pointless If the top 3 HWs were not involved.
                    Isn't that just prospecting? What I mean is wouldn't a bank finance it if minimal returns are projected at the boxers' normal buyrates?

I'm not trying to be a smart ass, just curious.

Comment

Working...
                    X