Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Kovalev Jabs Jackson: After 10 Years, I Finally Got a Real Coach!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Kovalev Jabs Jackson: After 10 Years, I Finally Got a Real Coach!

WBO light heavyweight champion Sergey Kovalev believes that he's finally got the correct trainer in veteran coach Buddy McGirt. When he first came to the United States, Kovalev was being trained by Abel Sanchez in Big Bear, California. Their relationship only lasted for a few fights before Kovalev departed to search for someone new.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Great for Kovalev. Jackson is a bitter backstabber and a trader and he does have a real loyal coach now.

Comment

I actually thought jdj and kovalev were great together.
      Too bad jdj was a racist and tried to sell out kovalev to ward

Comment

lol both of them have had their fare share of salt so it's all good. But I'm happy he switched to McGirt. Buddy is a real deal

Comment

I had no idea that The Washington Post even had a sports page.

Comment

Originally posted by millcitymauler View Post
            I had no idea that The Washington Post even had a sports page.
            They do for help fights lol

Comment

What Jackson did was low but from what I've read about Kovalev he wasn't respectful of Jackson when they were together. He once said he only is with Jackson for the gym and he essentially trains himself. Didn't listen to him in the corner of the Ward fight. Drinking and getting let go by Sanchez. Big problems with women. It's not all on Jackson. Yeah Jackson hates his guts but most likely for good reasons. If Jackson had run ins with other boxers he's trained it would have come out when the split occurred. Haven't heard anything like that. Buddy is a good guy and Kovalev seems to believe in him so maybe something good will come out of this other than just in the ring.
              Last edited by TonyGe; 09-18-2019, 08:59 PM.

Comment

John David “The SNAKE” Jackson!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Vodkaholic View Post
                  I actually thought jdj and kovalev were great together.
                  Too bad jdj was a racist and tried to sell out kovalev to ward
                  What makes him a racist?

Comment

Originally posted by TonyGe View Post
                    What Jackson did was low but from what I've read about Kovalev he wasn't respectful of Jackson when they were together. He once said he only is with Jackson for the gym and he essentially trains himself. Didn't listen to him in the corner of the Ward fight. Drinking and getting let go by Sanchez. Big problems with women. It's not all on Jackson. Yeah Jackson hates his guts but most likely for good reasons. If Jackson had run ins with other boxers he's trained it would have come out when the split occurred. Haven't heard anything like that. Buddy is a good guy and Kovalev seems to believe in him so maybe something good will come out of this other than just in the ring.
                    Logically stated

Comment

Working...
                    X