No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Tyson Fury-Otto Wallin: Afterthoughts

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Tyson Fury-Otto Wallin: Afterthoughts

Tyson Fury was supposed to win last Saturday night. He did. For those who recognize Fury's claim to the historical throne of the heavyweight division, it should be counted as now five defenses of his place as champion. It didn't come without a degree of the unexpected. Otto Wallin appeared to buzz Fury in the opening round. He cut him in the third.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Yeah, I like Joe Tessitore and the majority of the ESPN team (Mark Kriegel being the exception) but it smacked of desperate bias when they informed Davison of the nature of the cut. That's on the commission and officials or some other party but not the network. I wonder if they would have been that passionate about notifying Joey Gamache if Wallin was cut. Their action looks especially worse since they were so effusive in their praise of Tyson and clearly showing the bias of their house fighter.

Comment

Wallin won 4 of the first 6 Rounds? Did he ****. He won 2 or at most 3 rounds in the entire fight. He won the 12th, one of the first 6, and one more in the first 6 could have went either way. The others were clear Fury rounds.

The cut seems to affect the way people see the fight. Forget the cut and just watch it as normal and Fury, despite being nowhere near his best, in my opinion due to not being fully motivated at the start and having two horrific cuts, dominated the fight.

Wallin showed himself to be a good boxer though, and I'm interested to see who he fights next. I think someone like Carlos Takam would be a good indicator. Can he beat Takam? I don't know. There's a massive difference in being able to be competitive against a quality opponent, to being able to beat one.

Classic example to this would be Hughie Fury's fights vs Pulev and Povetkin. poor article by a very poor writer.

Comment

Thor's Hammer has been returned to Ingemar Johansson's throne in Valhalla. His offspring Wallin did his best and survived the battle with sword in hand.

Comment

I usually don't go in on the announcers but its really not in the action at times,Chris Myers talked all Fury when he was getting hit,and the others were just not pointing out key shots for both guys ,mostly Wallin. Chris Myers just seems to ask questions to the other guys like hes confused. Ha

Comment

Originally posted by PBR Streetgang View Post
            Yeah, I like Joe Tessitore and the majority of the ESPN team (Mark Kriegel being the exception) but it smacked of desperate bias when they informed Davison of the nature of the cut. That's on the commission and officials or some other party but not the network. I wonder if they would have been that passionate about notifying Joey Gamache if Wallin was cut. Their action looks especially worse since they were so effusive in their praise of Tyson and clearly showing the bias of their house fighter.
            They heard that incompetent prick Tony Weeks wrongly telling Ben Davidson that the cause of the cut had been ruled as an accidental head clash. And when Davidson repeated that false information to them, they checked with the commission rep then put Ben straight about what the actual ruling was.

Somebody needed to do it, so kudos to the commentary team for making the effort and doing it themselves.

Comment

Wallin has a chin of iron and ribs of steel.

If Fury lights Wilder up with the kind of shots he landed on that Swede, it will be game over for Deontay.

Comment

Originally posted by Mooshashi View Post
                Thor's Hammer has been returned to Ingemar Johansson's throne in Valhalla. His offspring Wallin did his best and survived the battle with sword in hand.
                Wallin hit Fury right on the head with Thor's hammer in round 12, and not even that could stop the Gypsy King!

Comment

Originally posted by kafkod View Post
                  Wallin has a chin of iron and ribs of steel.

If Fury lights Wilder up with the kind of shots he landed on that Swede, it will be game over for Deontay.
                  This is 100% correct, you have to laugh when wilder and his fans swoop in to take credit for what others do,he did it with Ruiz to. Ha

Wilder doesn't have Wallins chin so wouldn't be able to pull off some things Wallin or Ruiz did ,its hilarious posters don't understand this.

Comment

Damage control people!

Fury isn’t ready for a better prepared Wilder who won’t underestimate Fury this time around and will actually work instead of actively looking for the knockout!

Comment

Working...
                    X