No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Amanda Serrano-Heather Hardy: Another Step Forward

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Amanda Serrano-Heather Hardy: Another Step Forward

By Cliff Rold - It might not be fair that women's boxing struggles for an audience in the US but for now it remains a reality. Reality is rarely static. There was a time when women's MMA wasn't really on the radar. Names like Carano, Rousey, and Cyborg helped to change that. So did the structures they had around them. MMA leagues/organizations...
    [Click Here To Read More]

Hardy is a bigger draw than Haney. She had higher ratings on Bellator than he ever had on Showtime. Without her they wouldn't have sold any tickets.

Comment

The hardy Serrano deserves to be co main. They stick these women way on the untelevised undercard half the time then have some 122 lb ***boys fighting on the main card. I’d rather watch women fight especially hot ones like Serrano! This fight is a battle of two of the better female fighters.

Comment

Bob Arum should be getting more criticism for the opponents Fury is fighting. It seems the media is silent, though.

Too afraid to anger a boxing power broker I guess?

Comment

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
          By Cliff Rold - It might not be fair that women's boxing struggles for an audience in the US but for now it remains a reality. Reality is rarely static. There was a time when women's MMA wasn't really on the radar. Names like Carano, Rousey, and Cyborg helped to change that. So did the structures they had around them. MMA leagues/organizations...
          [Click Here To Read More]
          ... "Reality is rarely static."...

... well: if it wasn't about Hearn in the picture, I would have thought that the quote above was about " pure metaphysics"...

https://photo.boxingscene.com/upload...no%20(4)_1.jpg

Comment

No one cares about women's sports in general, let alone chicks fighting. The only reason wmma gets the little bit of attention it does is because it's tagged onto the men's events. The low attendance and viewership of the all-women's Invicta league is evidence of this.

Comment

Only big female fight is Serrano v Taylor at the garden and that would not stand on its own let on alone PPV . Sure it sells to a level
              On merit ( Irish and Puerto Rican in NY) but market forces will only generate so much and that's the reality , we know they work hard but every fighter works hard but only a handful generate big money to be paid handsomely..

Comment

I'd let them sandwich me.

Comment

The equality shat...... sprinkled in, every now and then

Comment

Comment

Working...
                    X