Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: How High Will Usyk Ascend in His Heavyweight Adventure?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: How High Will Usyk Ascend in His Heavyweight Adventure?

By Michael Rosenthal - Oleksandr Usyk will make his heavyweight debut on October 12 against someone named Tyrone Spong, a 34-year-old former kickboxer who will be an easy mark for the 2018 Fighter of the Year. The real tests will follow shortly. And I, for one, won't be surprised if Usyk ultimately struggles. Nothing against the...
    [Click Here To Read More]

As great & as accomplished a boxer as Usyk is at CW, he will definitely need his movement & angles to last at HW. He relies on landing punches in bunches to get his opponents outta there. He'll be arguably the best boxer in the division next to Fury, but I don't believe he has the power to get HWs to respect him. Even though he beat Gassiev, I think Gassiev's style & power will take him further at HW than Usyk. Hope they both make some noise though.

Comment

With Ruiz, Joshua, Fury, Wilder & Ortez all looking for title action World title's appear to be tied up for a while, so in the immediate future the only realistic title available would be the European. Usyk Vs Joyce anyone?

Comment

I think he could beat the ruiz vs aj winner.

Comment

Originally posted by Mick Higgs View Post
          With Ruiz, Joshua, Fury, Wilder & Ortez all looking for title action World title's appear to be tied up for a while, so in the immediate future the only realistic title available would be the European. Usyk Vs Joyce anyone?
          Usyk already beat Joyce convincingly in the world series amateur competition

Comment

Originally posted by Slipthepunch View Post
            Usyk already beat Joyce convincingly in the world series amateur competition
            It would be a more difficult fight now , Joyce is about to pummel Miller now if Miller is serious . I think Usyk matches better with guys like Ruiz and Wilder .if favor Usyk would still get by Joyce but in a 12 round fight its far different from 5.

Comment

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
              By Michael Rosenthal - Oleksandr Usyk will make his heavyweight debut on October 12 against someone named Tyrone Spong, a 34-year-old former kickboxer who will be an easy mark for the 2018 Fighter of the Year. The real tests will follow shortly. And I, for one, won't be surprised if Usyk ultimately struggles. Nothing against the...
              [Click Here To Read More]
              ... ^^^ truthful...

... Usyk is only after some big money fight(s) at the HW...

Comment

Originally posted by Mick Higgs View Post
                I though Usyk was the first mandatory fight for the Ruiz/AJ winner?

Comment

We´ll see, but even at CW Usyk´s best weapons (besides boxing skills) were his crazy work rate and relentless pace that just seemed to increase after six rounds. And if that was too much for the top CWs, just imagine how that effects the 250 lbs behemoths, they just might have a heart attack and collapse.. or not, what the fcuk do I know.

Comment

Originally posted by Griever0730 View Post
                    As great & as accomplished a boxer as Usyk is at CW, he will definitely need his movement & angles to last at HW. He relies on landing punches in bunches to get his opponents outta there. He'll be arguably the best boxer in the division next to Fury, but I don't believe he has the power to get HWs to respect him. Even though he beat Gassiev, I think Gassiev's style & power will take him further at HW than Usyk. Hope they both make some noise though.
                    He's a much better boxer than Fury size and height is what will give Fury the edge not skills.

Comment

Working...
                    X