Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Warren: Barry Hearn Losing Marbles With His Loma Comments

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Warren: Barry Hearn Losing Marbles With His Loma Comments

A BRITISH AUDIENCE was treated to seeing the majestic movements of Vasyl Lomachenko first hand on Saturday night but one man a boxing figure from the past was seemingly not impressed with what he witnessed from the magical Ukrainian.
    [Click Here To Read More]

barry watches 2-3 fights per year, if that, just loves to talk to anyone with a mic

Comment

"But then I do recall that this is the man who proclaimed Herbie Hide as the superior of Muhammad Ali!"

damn, mic drop lol

Comment

Loma was the smaller man, with the shorter reach.
        So, if he wanted to score, he was forced to fight inside Luke's jab.
        That's a dangerous spot but he did it, probably won 8 rounds and had Campell down, retreating and holding on for life.
        Give the guy some credit.

Comment

"I think the old boy must be losing his marbles…
          But then I do recall that this is the man who proclaimed Herbie Hide as the superior of Muhammad Ali!"

Comment

Bumchenko a manufactured paper-champion.

Originally posted by Fish Eyes Warren
            I think we all have to acknowledge that a man with an amateur record of 396-1, including two Olympic gold medals, and a three-weight world champion all inside of 15 professional fights is something a bit special.
            NO, Bumchenko lost to a brawler with a dozen losses in Salidoe, he then got another undeserved opportunity ( TWICE IN A ROW ) vs. a green Gary Russell jr -- neither ranked in the top ten, one coming off a loss. How is that legit?

Vasily moved up to Superfeather and beat the great Rocky Martinez, who robbed Salidoe in the rematch: Another average opponent who was not even ranked top five.

Many suspect that was Bob Arum behind the robbery, because if Orlandoe would of won, Bumchenko would of had to avenge his loss ; a risk to great with the hype behind him.

We come to lightweight: just recently this bum, robbed Devin Haney of the WBC Lightweight title by another special favor granted by the WBC this time.

This is the reason why Devin Haney is now fighting Zaur Abdullaev for the interim. So Bumchenko cant really call himself a true champion because Devin Haney holds a portion of the WBC 135 title. UNDISPUTED MY ASS!

Lightweight is where this 'great' Olympic-Gold-medalist won one his gold medals, yet just when he starts to actually make a decent run Bumchenko wants to flee to featherweight.

I thought greats finish their careers chasing greatness, this fraud is talking about retirement at a comfortable weight, whilst ducking all the young-guns at the weight he should be fighting in.

Comment

I stand with Bazza. Fish eyes is an attention seeker.

Loma is a great fighter but he’s overrated and definitely not an ATG. Crawford is the P4P king right now to me and he’s also not an ATG. He needs to clean up 147 for me to put him on that list.

Comment

I don't agree with Barry on Loma "not being all that" BUT I do believe he has a point in that Loma is not perfect, he is not the best ever or the most skilled or the most talented.

Maybe he can be all those things but sadly his division has no great fighters. His best opponent was Linares, an exceptional champion at the time and Loma was given LOTS of trouble. Add to that Campbell imo won the majority of the first 6 rounds, it shows Loma can be out boxed.

But he is one of the best going RIGHT NOW and that is all that really matter tbh.

Comment

Barry Hearn has been senile for 20 years. This is one of his most sensible and accurate comments

Comment

Originally posted by 1hourRun View Post
                    NO, Bumchenko lost to a brawler with a dozen losses in Salidoe, he then got another undeserved opportunity ( TWICE IN A ROW ) vs. a green Gary Russell jr -- neither ranked in the top ten, one coming off a loss. How is that legit?

Vasily moved up to Superfeather and beat the great Rocky Martinez, who robbed Salidoe in the rematch: Another average opponent who was not even ranked top five.

Many suspect that was Bob Arum behind the robbery, because if Orlandoe would of won, Bumchenko would of had to avenge his loss ; a risk to great with the hype behind him.

We come to lightweight: just recently this bum, robbed Devin Haney of the WBC Lightweight title by another special favor granted by the WBC this time.

This is the reason why Devin Haney is now fighting Zaur Abdullaev for the interim. So Bumchenko cant really call himself a true champion because Devin Haney holds a portion of the WBC 135 title. UNDISPUTED MY ASS!

Lightweight is where this 'great' Olympic-Gold-medalist won one his gold medals, yet just when he starts to actually make a decent run Bumchenko wants to flee to featherweight.

I thought greats finish their careers chasing greatness, this fraud is talking about retirement at a comfortable weight, whilst ducking all the young-guns at the weight he should be fighting in.
                    Trust an American to give zero respect to anything or anybody not American.

Comment

Working...
                    X