No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Lara-Alvarez FOX Telecast Peaked At 1,492,000 Viewers

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Lara-Alvarez FOX Telecast Peaked At 1,492,000 Viewers

With stiff competition from college football games and a mismatch in the main event, FOX's boxing viewership predictably dipped Saturday night from its previous telecast. Nielsen Media Research figures released Wednesday indicated that the network's three-bout broadcast peaked at 1,492,000 viewers during the main event. That fight resulted in heavily favored Erislandy Lara knocking out Ramon Alvarez in the second round of their scheduled 12-round super welterweight championship match at The Armory in Minneapolis.
    [Click Here To Read More]

people probably thought it was the other alvarez

Comment

Originally posted by The Problem View Post
      people probably thought it was the other alvarez
      LMFAO that’s exactly what I thought.

Comment

Laras a boxing maestro it was obviously people tuning in for him.

Comment

Frankly I’m surprised it did that well, very poor card even if it would have been FS1. PBC needs to do better on FOX

Comment

Crap mismatch of Pbc main event on Fox....belonged on FoxSports 1. When u feel it necessary to point out other programming- u know it disappointed and sucked!!

Comment

Wow! Keith Idec with this cryptic message!

“The entire telecast averaged 1,171,000 viewers. Those viewership numbers include those who watched on FOX, FOX Deportes and FOX Sports Streaming services.“ -Idec

Let’s break it down

Fox Deportes: 950K viewers
              Fox FS1 & Streaming Svcs: 220k viewers

Comment

Originally posted by WarGatti View Post
                Laras a boxing maestro it was obviously people tuning in for him.
                I would love to believe that as I’m a huge Lara fan but I’m sure being the brother of Alvarez played a part too.

Comment

Originally posted by kidbazooka View Post
                  I would love to believe that as I’m a huge Lara fan but I’m sure being the brother of Alvarez played a part too.
                  Of course. Fox Deportes doesn’t always show PBC fights. The brother of Canelo Alvarez was a commodity for that night on Fox Deportes. At least Idec is being honest and representing true facts. Fox Deportes carried the ratings. The LDBc didn’t even promote Lara vs Alvarez.

Comment

Lmao PBC haters on suicide watch. Another PBC card that garnered more views than top Ranks last 7 cards

Comment

Working...
                    X