Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Hearn: Campbell's Stock Rises, Has Huge Profile After Loma Fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Hearn: Campbell's Stock Rises, Has Huge Profile After Loma Fight

Luke Campbell couldn't pull off Saturday night what would've been considered one of the biggest upsets in British boxing history. He definitely didn't disgrace himself, either. Even though Lomachenko decisively defeated Campbell in their 12-round lightweight title fight, Eddie Hearn, Campbell's promoter, considers this a brand-building performance for the 2012 Olympic gold medalist. A capacity crowd in excess of 18,000 packed O2 Arena in London for the Lomachenko-Campbell match, in which Campbell caught Lomachenko with a left uppercut that made Lomachenko hold him in the seventh round.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Spin it Eddie! Spin it!

Comment

Whatever you say Hearn!

Comment

Apparently, getting beat up is good for your career. Thanks for the insight Eddy..

Comment

Campbell done himself proud. He was clearly beaten by Loma, but remained competitive throughout - which is probably the best anyone from FW to LW could mange at the mo. Teo Lopez has probably the best all-around ability for a chance to beat Loma in that division, but I get the feeling that the massive experience gap between them would be the difference if they fight anytime in the near future. I see Lopez stopping Comney before getting a boxing lesson from Loma by Spring 2020. Loma will then go back down to SFW to try become undisputed there (or meet Inouye half-way); leaving the likes of Lopez, Campbell, Haney, Comney, Easter, Tagoe, Gamboa, Pedraza, Gervonta, even Selby scrambling for the relinquished belts.

Comment

Stop Hearn, just stop. Your guy was schooled. You say Loma is not a superstar and that you guy rises. keep dreaming.

Comment

I am English but Campbell is getting loads of credit for getting dominated....very strange.

Comment

Originally posted by Adamsc151 View Post
                Campbell done himself proud. He was clearly beaten by Loma, but remained competitive throughout - which is probably the best anyone from FW to LW could mange at the mo. Teo Lopez has probably the best all-around ability for a chance to beat Loma in that division, but I get the feeling that the massive experience gap between them would be the difference if they fight anytime in the near future. I see Lopez stopping Comney before getting a boxing lesson from Loma by Spring 2020. Loma will then go back down to SFW to try become undisputed there (or meet Inouye half-way); leaving the likes of Lopez, Campbell, Haney, Comney, Easter, Tagoe, Gamboa, Pedraza, Gervonta, even Selby scrambling for the relinquished belts.
                I feel like you either give credit to Loma or not for that last fight based on whether you think Campbell is legit or not.

Styles make fights - Campbell used his reach amazingly well, it was hard for Loma to penetrate without getting buzzed

Comment

Campbell Vs Francesco Patera makes a lot of sense next.

Comment

Originally posted by Roy Keane View Post
                    I am English but Campbell is getting loads of credit for getting dominated....very strange.
                    'dominated' maybe if you look at the judges' scores, but Luke almost had him out of there and as expected, caused Loma problems especially early on. He used his reach and had a good eye for distance

Comment

Working...
                    X