Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Photos: Povetkin Derails Matchroom Debut of Hughie Fury

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Photos: Povetkin Derails Matchroom Debut of Hughie Fury

Povetkin, Fury Fight Photos Gallery - O2 Arena, London - In a crossroads heavyweight showdown, former world champion Alexander Povetkin (35-2, 24 KOs) won a twelve round unanimous decision over Hughie Fury (23-3, 13 KOs). (Photos by Mark Robinson, Dave Thompson).
    [Click Here To Read More]

Well it was a big ask. Hughie is not Tyson. There is levels to this sport and at no point has Hughie Fury shown he belongs on the top tier and although Povetkin is aging now and at the end of his career age does not always trump quality. It was a big call when they asked for Povetkin, too big a call.

But then there is nothing wrong with ambition. It was a big ask for Fury to beat Povetkin, it was a big ask for Campbell to beat Loma and it was a big ask for yarde to beat Kovalev but you gotta be in it to win it. Much better to give it a go than to talk about how you can beat these guys but refuse to actually fight.

Nothing worse than gobby fighters talking about how they smash these top fighters but say no to actually fighting them then being given mismatches instead to pump up a fake record like they do at the PBC.

Comment

Originally posted by DaNeutral. View Post
      Well it was a big ask. Hughie is not Tyson. There is levels to this sport and at no point has Hughie Fury shown he belongs on the top tier and although Povetkin is aging now and at the end of his career age does not always trump quality. It was a big call when they asked for Povetkin, too big a call.

But then there is nothing wrong with ambition. It was a big ask for Fury to beat Povetkin, it was a big ask for Campbell to beat Loma and it was a big ask for yarde to beat Kovalev but you gotta be in it to win it. Much better to give it a go than to talk about how you can beat these guys but refuse to actually fight.

Nothing worse than gobby fighters talking about how they smash these top fighters but say no to actually fighting them then being given mismatches instead to pump up a fake record like they do at the PBC.
      I was with you right up until you mentioned the PBC. Each and every promotional outfit puts on more than it’s fair share of mismatches. I’d say PBC has given us more meaningful, competitive fights either on paper, in the ring, or both, than any other promotional company out there.

Comment

Originally posted by JLC View Post
        I was with you right up until you mentioned the PBC. Each and every promotional outfit puts on more than it’s fair share of mismatches. I’d say PBC has given us more meaningful, competitive fights either on paper, in the ring, or both, than any other promotional company out there.
        yeah sorry about the PBC bit, i cant help it i think they are proper ****s.

Comment

And you know what, to me Hughie Fury was the one who had a real chance against an aging Povetkin.

But he confirmed what he has always looked like: a fighter without balls. Campbell and Yarde have them, not Hughie.

And he's always been horrible to watch, stinking out the joint almost every time, for good measure.

Good riddance, Hughie Fury.

Comment

David price vs hughie “Ali” fury coming up

Comment

yeah sorry about the PBC bit, i cant help it i think they are proper ****s.
              Not a fan of either , but didn’t fugh head Eddie ( Matchroom ) just pull the same stunt you accuse every single fughin day of PBC

So it’s not just PBC pulling chit like that now is it

Comment

DaNeutral likes to force his little agenda into every thread, even when the topic has nothing to do with PBC.

Just ignore him.

Comment

Good riddance

That's all I have to say.

Comment

I feel like this match-up was designed to build up Povetkin rather than Hughie in the first place. Hearn must now plan to match Povetkin against one of his main guys like Whyte or Usyk

Comment

Working...
                    X