Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Photos: Charlie Edwards, Julio Cesar Martinez: Controversial End

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Photos: Charlie Edwards, Julio Cesar Martinez: Controversial End

Charlie Edwards, Julio Cesar Martinez Fight Photos Gallery - O2 Arena, London - Initially, it was ruled that Julio Cesar Martinez (14-1-1, 11 KOs) stopped Charlie Edwards (15-1, 6 KOs) in three rounds to capture the WBC world title. (photos by Mark Robinson, Dave Thompson)
    [Click Here To Read More]

Martinez ruined his title win thanks to his stupidity. He was kicking Edwards' ass and threw that vicious body shot to an already done opponent while the latter was down from ages. He was lucky not to be disqualified, and don't tell me about that "heat of the moment" bullshėt. He took aim at him before throwing it. Hopefully he has learned how to control himself for the rematch, if that ever happens.

Comment

Originally posted by Tatabanya View Post
      Martinez ruined his title win thanks to his stupidity. He was kicking Edwards' ass and threw that vicious body shot to an already done opponent while the latter was down from ages. He was lucky not to be disqualified, and don't tell me about that "heat of the moment" bullshėt. He took aim at him before throwing it. Hopefully he has learned how to control himself for the rematch, if that ever happens.
      Agreed, Does Edwards want more of the same in a rematch?
      I doubt it very much, Martinez has his number.

Comment

Originally posted by OLD JUD View Post
        Agreed, Does Edwards want more of the same in a rematch?
        I doubt it very much, Martinez has his number.
        Nahhh Edwards will vacate and move up and hopefully Martinez gets 1st crack at the vacant belt. I was rooting for the Brit last night but Martinez looked like he had just put himself in a real dominating position and then threw it all away with a very stupid punch.

But then at the same time martinez was throwing an awul lot of leather and giving Edwards little chance to establish anything, could the Mexican of kept that work rate up? Had Edwards recovered and Martinez slowed down could the fight of turned? We will never know, but from the little we saw Edwards was showing the signs he was in for a a bit of a beating.

Comment

Originally posted by DaNeutral. View Post
          Nahhh Edwards will vacate and move up and hopefully Martinez gets 1st crack at the vacant belt. I was rooting for the Brit last night but Martinez looked like he had just put himself in a real dominating position and then threw it all away with a very stupid punch.

But then at the same time martinez was throwing an awul lot of leather and giving Edwards little chance to establish anything, could the Mexican of kept that work rate up? Had Edwards recovered and Martinez slowed down could the fight of turned? We will never know, but from the little we saw Edwards was showing the signs he was in for a a bit of a beating.
          Martinez was in tip-top shape and determined, would have knocked Edwards out just a little later.

That's why what he did was so stupid, he had him completely done but ruined everything with that idiotic punch.

Comment

I felt bad ... for BOTH fighters.

Julio is bad azz.

Comment

Martinez is a dumb ass. He completely gave it away. Dam.

Comment

Originally posted by DaNeutral. View Post
                Nahhh Edwards will vacate and move up. and hopefully Martinez gets 1st crack at the vacant belt. I was rooting for the Brit last night but Martinez looked like he had just put himself in a real dominating position and then threw it all away with a very stupid punch.

Like I said, Edwards wants no part of Marinez. Didn't Edwards say he was struggling at the weight?

As you say, we will never know the outcome had it continued, but I could only see a KO win for the Mexican.

Comment

Edwards is a very luck man. Martinez an idiot, threw away an impressive performance

Comment

GIFS: Charlie Edwards vs. Julio Cesar Martinez - KO

Comment

Working...
                    X