No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Lomachenko vs. Campbell - CompuBox Punch Stats

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Lomachenko vs. Campbell - CompuBox Punch Stats

Vasiliy Lomachenko pulled away in the second half of the fight, outlanding Luke Campbell 140-73 in rounds 7-12. 56 of Loma's 211 landed punches (27%) were body shots vs. Campbell, the difference in the fight. Just 18% of Loma's landed punches in his previous 13 fights were body shots. Loma landed an avg. of 18 of 44 per round to 11 of 35 per round for Campbell.
    [Click Here To Read More]

I hope people will appreciate the fact that Lomachenko is at a weight class which is clearly not for him and he’s going to be undisputed at that weight class. That’s special in my opinion. Also what I feel about Lomachenko is that while he can get outbox anyone on the planet, the reason he’s not a Manny Pacquiao type fighter is for two reasons: firstly, he doesn’t have the youth on his side, so he can’t just bulk up and conquer weight classes which Floyd and Manny did while they were younger. Secondly, he’s aggressive and all, and has good punching power but it’s simply not the otherworldly power which Manny’s left hand was. But in a fantasy matchup, both of them at lightweight or 130 is such a compelling matchup imo

Comment

Unbelievable punch count in Rd 11. Thats why Loma is a p4p

Comment

I was at this fight last night and I'm so glad I got to see lomachenko in the flesh. Watching him on TV doesn't do him justice. Footwork, movement, recovery and the snap in his punches (even the little tippy tap punches) are off the charts. I've seen a lot of great fighters over my years of watching boxing and I've not seen anyone do it like Lomachenko, and this was against an Olympic gold medalist not some can looking for a payday.
        Surprised when I scrolled through the comments on BS this morning, some saying he was exposed and what not. Ridiculous. If you can't appreciate this guy's ability and work then you really shouldn't be watching boxing.

Comment

Originally posted by MickG View Post
          I was at this fight last night and I'm so glad I got to see lomachenko in the flesh. Watching him on TV doesn't do him justice. Footwork, movement, recovery and the snap in his punches (even the little tippy tap punches) are off the charts. I've seen a lot of great fighters over my years of watching boxing and I've not seen anyone do it like Lomachenko, and this was against an Olympic gold medalist not some can looking for a payday.
          Surprised when I scrolled through the comments on BS this morning, some saying he was exposed and what not. Ridiculous. If you can't appreciate this guy's ability and work then you really shouldn't be watching boxing.
          I appreciate Loma more each fight. He uses his offence as his best defence. He goes after hurt opponents. He doesn’t take rounds off. He’s exciting to watch. He’s not a cautious counter puncher even though I’m sure he could be. I hope u had a great night. There’s nothing like seeing top guys live.

Comment

Campbell did way better than I expected here. I give him respect for it but I said all along Campbell's best wouldn't be good enough.

Someone with power and speed would really give Loma problems at this weight.

Comment

Loma's natural weight is two weight division lower and still he is able to beat da **** outta guys that are bigger, with longer rich at their backyards and every win is convincing. I hope all black people stop talking bllsht once he will do the same to Davis and will shut their haters mouths once and forever! Loma and Crawford are two best boxers of our time now..
              Campbell spoiled this performance by running all night, he didn't want to go forward mostly and was waiting smaller guy to come for him, its a disgrace how he punched to the balls and how he reslted and judge didn't deduct the point for this sht. Campbell did succeed to survive only because of running all night and because the bell saved him two times he was about to give up from a liver shot..

Comment

Originally posted by Blond Beast View Post
                He doesn’t take rounds off.
                You're right.

He often gives away the first round, sometimes even part of the second too, while he is working his opponent out.

From there he just keeps building momentum until the end.

It must be hard for his opponents. They dig as deep as they have ever done before, tapping all of their reserves - and there is Loma, seeming like he is always has an extra gear no matter how deep into the fight it is.

Loma has mad stamina, but also the ability to pace himself just right so he never seems to run out.

Comment

Originally posted by belmondoss View Post
                  Loma's natural weight is two weight division lower and still he is able to beat da **** outta guys that are bigger, with longer rich at their backyards and every win is convincing. I hope all black people stop talking bllsht once he will do the same to Davis and will shut their haters mouths once and forever! Loma and Crawford are two best boxers of our time now..
                  Campbell spoiled this performance by running all night, he didn't want to go forward mostly and was waiting smaller guy to come for him, its a disgrace how he punched to the balls and how he reslted and judge didn't deduct the point for this sht. Campbell did succeed to survive only because of running all night and because the bell saved him two times he was about to give up from a liver shot..
                  Campbell wasn't running all night. He started well, was the more aggressive fighter but the intensity and workrate of Loma as he moves up through the gears became too much - as it has for everyone (after Salido). Don't call others out for talking bull then spew out a steaming pile yourself. If you had more understanding you wouldn't be slating Campbell like that. His punch stats are alright but of course he was well beaten by a great fighter but never disgraced himself or "ran all night".

Comment

Oscar probably right here. Campbell will probably win a few rounds with his experience and boxing chops but he’s completely overmatched in athleticism. He had no answer for Loma’s athleticism and footwork and he was 2-3 inches taller with like a 6 inch reach advantage. He will have no so such advantage here as he will actually be the smaller man. Maybe Campbell survives with grit but his face will be busted up for sure.

Comment

Working...
                    X