Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Alicia Napoleon Very Motivated By The Fight For Equality

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Alicia Napoleon Very Motivated By The Fight For Equality

If things start going south for Schemelle Baldwin sometime during her title bout against WBA super middleweight champion Alicia Napoleon tonight, the challenger from Delaware may wish that Napoleon was allowed to play baseball for a living. Yes, baseball. It's the path Heather Hardy wanted to take as a kid growing up in Brooklyn until she was told that girls don't play in the major leagues. Over in Long Island, Napoleon heard the same thing.
    [Click Here To Read More]

What a shame, girls aren't as good at most sports as men. Cry me a river.

Comment

They have equality , has it not occurred to her possibly not only men but a lot of women don't want to watch women fight because 80% of female fighters cannot fight 10% are competent and 10% are very good and they earn ok money with sponsors thrown in. If your that passionate miss neopolean then promote from scratch an all female show and then you'll find you'll have your equality and if people want to watch then you'll get paid accordingly ... promoters and tv will only pay your worth .. their is no entitlement here it's called business..

Comment

If she wants equality then how come I don't hear her complaining about females only having to Fight 2 minute rounds instead of 3 minute rounds? I guess that's not the type of equality she's talking about.

Comment

There's a nice batch of pretty women fighters and I'm here for it...mainly because they can fight, too. Keep promoting yourself and fighting meaningful fights, and you'll get paid accordingly.

Sadly, there AREN'T a lot of noteworthy female fighters out there for people to demand such big fights. Again, a pretty face is a great start for me. Trust me, if there were better-lookin' WNBA players, I'd watch more often.

You gotta give people a reason to watch you, first. Use social media, be patient, and keep fighting. Enough with the "woe is me" and the "equality" nonsense already.

Comment

scary size shoulders - nothing petite about her

Comment

Originally posted by MeanestNiceGuy View Post
              There's a nice batch of pretty women fighters and I'm here for it...mainly because they can fight, too. Keep promoting yourself and fighting meaningful fights, and you'll get paid accordingly.

Sadly, there AREN'T a lot of noteworthy female fighters out there for people to demand such big fights. Again, a pretty face is a great start for me. Trust me, if there were better-lookin' WNBA players, I'd watch more often.

You gotta give people a reason to watch you, first. Use social media, be patient, and keep fighting. Enough with the "woe is me" and the "equality" nonsense already.
              The only women's sport I have consistently watched over the years is women's tennis - I thing Chris Evert and Gabriela Sabatini probably had something to do with that, especially the latter.

I've spent my whole life watching soccer so this last summer I had a chance to watch the women's soccer world cup but the experience is different in that I find myself shouting at the tv and my son looks at me in a whole new way as I shouted "whattya doing?" "you idiot!!" and "FFS!!!!" - they play better than I ever did but about 5 levels below what I have been used to watching all my life.

Edit :- I haven't yet tuned into women's mud wrestling but I could see my interest levels maintained there. Beach volleyball is great but the schedulers make it too difficult to find.
              Last edited by SteveM; 08-29-2019, 09:57 AM.

Comment

So when she's punch drunk from being so determined to put a square peg in a round hole let her become a promoter and have the bollocks( as it where) to entrepreneully promote and finance an all female show AND be prepared to lose money ... I'm all for equality but reading that load of **** she has just spoken is a ****ing joke ... someone explain to me why hasn't a female put her money behind her own sex to promote an all female card ?

Comment

Originally posted by SteveM View Post
                  The only women's sport I have consistently watched over the years is women's tennis - I thing Chris Evert and Gabriela Sabatini probably had something to do with that, especially the latter.

I've spent my whole life watching soccer so this last summer I had a chance to watch the women's soccer world cup but the experience is different in that I find myself shouting at the tv and my son looks at me in a whole new way as I shouted "whattya doing?" "you idiot!!" and "FFS!!!!" - they play better than I ever did but about 5 levels below what I have been used to watching all my life.

Edit :- I haven't yet tuned into women's mud wrestling but I could see my interest levels maintained there. Beach volleyball is great but the schedulers make it too difficult to find.

No objections from me! I've been watching women's track since the olympics a few years ago. Women's soccer is also cool to watch!

What Napolean fails to realize is, there are male fighters who don't get paid what they probably should. Is there any outrage there? Nope.

Those same men are expected to get off their asses and find a way to make their money...not whine and hold rallies and such.

Some of those guys are just boring as hell and their style of fighting isn't pleasing to viewers. Period.

I'm just getting sick of the "stand up for women's equality" (e.g. need for attention) ...it's just tired and drawn out at this point.

Comment

Originally posted by MeanestNiceGuy View Post

No objections from me! I've been watching women's track since the olympics a few years ago. Women's soccer is also cool to watch!

What Napolean fails to realize is, there are male fighters who don't get paid what they probably should. Is there any outrage there? Nope.

Those same men are expected to get off their asses and find a way to make their money...not whine and hold rallies and such.

Some of those guys are just boring as hell and their style of fighting isn't pleasing to viewers. Period.

I'm just getting sick of the "stand up for women's equality" (e.g. need for attention) ...it's just tired and drawn out at this point.
                    it's really a lazy intellectual argument, actually it's not even intelligent. They're like, we're boxers so pay us the same amount of money but boxing is a form of entertainment and you get paid according to the audiences you bring in. Look at Rigo, one of the most skillful boxers this century but i'll bet he has earned less than Eubank Jr. until now.

The same even applies to newsreaders and tv presenters. Women saying "I read the news pay me the same as famous male newsreader" but she fails to understand that famous male newsreader will actually attract some viewers of news to his news show rather than another show with a bland non-descript news reader (male or female).

Comment

Working...
                    X