Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Tony Yoka is Set To Return on September 28 in Nantes, France

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Tony Yoka is Set To Return on September 28 in Nantes, France

Rising French stars Tony Yoka and Souleymane Cissokho headline a RingStar Promotion at the H Arena in Nantes, France on September 28. Who they will fight has yet to be announced.
    [Click Here To Read More]

If Yoka's going to progress then he needs to get a shift on. I'm surprised he's not challenged French champ Raphael Tronche, or fought abroad yet. He's missed a whole year due to a drug issue, so really needs 4-5 fights a year. There's good money to be made in the UK & USA & only fighting in France will do him no favours what so ever. The Guy's got talent, but needs better management!

Comment

Is Yoka any good? I admit i haven't seen any of his fights and didn't follow his amateur career. I know he's popped positive a few times.

Comment

Originally posted by PBR Streetgang View Post
        Is Yoka any good? I admit i haven't seen any of his fights and didn't follow his amateur career. I know he's popped positive a few times.
        I thought he just missed 3 tests in a row after the olympics.

I’ve only seen one amateur fight of his and I thought he disgracefully robbed Joe Joyce for Olympic gold in that one.

Comment

He never popped positive

Comment

Originally posted by Freedef View Post
            He never popped positive
            Ahh, good to know and thank you for correcting my error. So he was suspended for missing his test multiple times?

Comment

I never have much thought to Yoka, IDK seems kind of plain with good size at 6'7 .Nothing stands out to me.

Comment

Michael Wallisch the opponent supposedly. Cissokho's really the guy to watch here though, much higher ceiling than Yoka

Comment

Ahh, good to know and thank you for correcting my error. So he was suspended for missing his test multiple times?
                  I believe that was the issue. The weird part is he couldn't fight in France but could technically fight elsewhere because the Frenchies suspended him.

Comment

Originally posted by jreckoning View Post
                    I believe that was the issue. The weird part is he couldn't fight in France but could technically fight elsewhere because the Frenchies suspended him.
                    Good point! This guy seems to be the ultimate back yard boxer, he could have even fought in Monaco or Algeria but chose not too. My respect for him is fast slipping!

Comment

Working...
                    X