Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: McGirt: Kovalev Proved Critics Wrong, He's Ready For Canelo!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: McGirt: Kovalev Proved Critics Wrong, He's Ready For Canelo!

Sergey Kovalev survived a serious scare Saturday against Anthony Yarde. In the eighth round of their fight, the Brit was manhandling the Russian and seemed moments away from securing a stunning upset. When the embattled Kovalev returned to his corner, trainer Buddy McGirt had a candid conversation with his fighter.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Well, I must admit that, in spite of my perplexity, Kovalev knocking Canelo out would be a wet dream of mine.

Comment

Bravo McGirt 👏👏👏👏

I hope you get Kov’s body in great shape because we all know the only reason Canelo wants him is because he will try to Kill the body.

Canelo’s Head is like a feed barrel made of stone but it will be a great pleasure in seeing him sprawled out on the canvas😂😂👏👏👏👏👏

Comment

Originally posted by Tatabanya View Post
        Well, I must admit that, in spite of my perplexity, Kovalev knocking Canelo out would be a wet dream of mine.
        It's all rigged for the North American establishment darlings. If Kovalev beats Canelo, they'll say Ward is fighter of the decade for gassing out trying and failing to finish Kovalev and then nutshotting Kovalev 3 times out of desperation and the hometown ref stopping the fight to save Ward from getting KO'd late after punching himself out just like Kovalev did to Yardein the same situation. Meanwhile if Canelo beats Kovalev, they'll say Canelo is fighter of the decade, and Floyd is the best fighter of every timeline in every universe because he beat a drained 21 year old Canelo.

No matter who wins the fight, the best light heavyweight of the era, Sergey Kovalev, won't get his respect or his credit. At this age, it's very unlikely he ever reaches the level of performance, just an incredible performance, he was putting on in the Ward rematch, but then they stole that from him, what probably would have been a spectacular finish and spectacular win in one of the best fights of our lifetimes. Instead the ref turned it into the biggest joke in the sport of our lifetimes. People still comment about Kovalev's having no punch resistance to the balls til this day.

In a sport where legacies are determined on just one night, and rematches (or rematches to rematches) rarely happen, the effects of mistakes or corruption can never be undone. Kovalev will never get the credit he's due, even if he beats Canelo.

Comment

"Critics" translation: John David Jackson

Comment

Fight showed why canelo wants to fight Kovalev, he can’t take body shots and canelo is the master of attacking the body fight won’t last 6 rounds

Comment

He did prove his critics wrong. They said he was mentally weak, couldn't take a punch and that Ward finished him and all that other nonsense

Kov is a legend! War Krusher

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing Logic View Post
                It's all rigged for the North American establishment darlings. If Kovalev beats Canelo, they'll say Ward is fighter of the decade for gassing out trying and failing to finish Kovalev and then nutshotting Kovalev 3 times out of desperation and the hometown ref stopping the fight to save Ward from getting KO'd late after punching himself out just like Kovalev did to Yardein the same situation. Meanwhile if Canelo beats Kovalev, they'll say Canelo is fighter of the decade, and Floyd is the best fighter of every timeline in every universe because he beat a drained 21 year old Canelo.

No matter who wins the fight, the best light heavyweight of the era, Sergey Kovalev, won't get his respect or his credit. At this age, it's very unlikely he ever reaches the level of performance, just an incredible performance, he was putting on in the Ward rematch, but then they stole that from him, what probably would have been a spectacular finish and spectacular win in one of the best fights of our lifetimes. Instead the ref turned it into the biggest joke in the sport of our lifetimes. People still comment about Kovalev's having no punch resistance to the balls til this day.

In a sport where legacies are determined on just one night, and rematches (or rematches to rematches) rarely happen, the effects of mistakes or corruption can never be undone. Kovalev will never get the credit he's due, even if he beats Canelo.
                All I heard there was Kovalev’s d1ck rammed in your cheek.

Comment

Perfect fight for Canelo. Adds to his legacy picking up a 175 strap and the haters will convince themselves Kov is the guy to beat Canelo and will drive views.

Comment

Should a guy 2 weight classes higher and supposed elite have to be "ready" for Someone much smaller?
                    Shouldn't it be Canelo who should say he's ready for the challenge?

Comment

Working...
                    X