Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Hearn: No One Said Anything About Smith-Groves In Saudi Arabia

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Hearn: No One Said Anything About Smith-Groves In Saudi Arabia

NEW YORK Eddie Hearn understands some of the criticism he has taken for bringing the Andy Ruiz Jr.-Anthony Joshua rematch to Saudi Arabia. What Joshua's promoter doesn't respect is that there wasn't any anger expressed publicly when two other British boxers, Callum Smith and George Groves, fought in Saudi Arabia last September. Smith knocked out Groves in the seventh round of their WBA super middleweight championship match September 28 in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Hearn keeps stepping on his own feet. If he has Andy under his spell, shut up and let the spell work. All this jolopizing after his petty fine print was made public. Wilder was right, Andy is a slave. Four crowns and still getting told what to do, where to go, and what to get paid. That is the really ****ty part about it. The ****ty pay and he has to sign another contract for S.A. Hearn never wrote a contract that wasn't self aggrandizing .

Comment

Maybe the Saudi Prince has Whyte’s b sample

Comment

Originally posted by Corelone View Post
        Hearn keeps stepping on his own feet. If he has Andy under his spell, shut up and let the spell work. All this jolopizing after his petty fine print was made public. Wilder was right, Andy is a slave. Four crowns and still getting told what to do, where to go, and what to get paid. That is the really ****ty part about it. The ****ty pay and he has to sign another contract for S.A. Hearn never wrote a contract that wasn't self aggrandizing .
        Your acting like rematch clauses are a new thing

It’s been the same since the 80’s ..... as long as we get to see the rematch who gives a fock about the fine print

Comment

Originally posted by Straightener View Post

It’s been the same since the 80’s ..... as long as we get to see the rematch who gives a fock about the fine print

Yea. I honestly didn’t realize that Saudi was more money than the fight would have been if it happened in the US and/or England. I was talking *****, but have to eat my words. 40 million site fee? Like, not including Tv money from any broadcasts markets ? That’s a no-brainer.

And also, Hearn has a point about the WBSS as well. It all boils down to money, so it is what it is.

I think something is wrong with me. I’ve agreed with Hearn twice in the last 4-5 days. I think I may have to deactivate my boxingscene account.

Comment

Look at it this way. Unless Ruiz gets blown out in the rematch, he’s set. I don’t think anyone blows him out cuz he’s too good a boxer and has too much heart and chin. But should he lose he gets more big fights and more $. If he loses a close fight in rematch, he gets Wilder - fury winner. He’ll be fine.

Comment

Groves vs Callum coulda happened on the sun. Fans are more into HW fights like this one & Joshua is 100x more popular than those two combined & they have actual interest in Joshua fights.

Comment

Maybe it was murdering journalists that made people think differently this time

Comment

In another interview Hearn tried that bollocks about money not being the primary reason that it was spreading the 'gospel' of boxing ...lol what a ***head... nobody really gave a fuk about Groves v Smith if anything the interest was lost when the location was revealed .Ruiz v Joshua 2 belongs any where apart from S.A. .What's Edward going to do with the old boy shaking like a leaf the whole trip.

Comment

Originally posted by Straightener View Post

Well what is this goof crying about? What is this blog about? Why is he justifying anything? why don't you log out until fight night, if all we have to do is watch the fight?

Comment

Working...
                    X