No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Sergey Kovalev-Anthony Yarde - CompuBox Punch Stats

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Sergey Kovalev-Anthony Yarde - CompuBox Punch Stats

Sergey Kovalev, working behind a steady jab (10 landed per round) survived an anxious eight round (Anthony Yarde landed 34 punches) to wear down his opponent. Kovalev had a 90-17 edge in landed punches over the last 3 rounds. Yarde's 132 landed punches were the most by a Kovalev opponent in 21 of his fights tracked by CompuBox.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Watching the fight besides a couple of rounds where Yarde landed a lot it looked like he followed him around and ate jabs all night I can’t believe he landed the most ever

Comment

If Kovalev wasn’t weak to the body Canelo would not be trying to fight him !

Comment

Originally posted by bronx7 View Post
        Watching the fight besides a couple of rounds where Yarde landed a lot it looked like he followed him around and ate jabs all night I can’t believe he landed the most ever
        Yeah, that's how it appeared to me too. It would be interesting to see it again so that I can count the punches. Yarde was more aggressive than some of Kov's opponents , so maybe that's why he was able to land more than the others....although I'm not so sure that compubox is accurate. Kov's also KO many of his opponents earlier in the fight , so many of his opponents didn't have a chance to land that many punches.

Comment

Kovalevs resistance to body shots is almost equivalent to Khan's chin resistance. I know body shots suck but Kovalev has absolutely no poker face when it comes to them. He looks hurt everytime hit he gets hit.

I don't wanna see him fight Canelo. Too old, too slow, bad gas tank, and weak to the body against a guy who throws vicious body shots equals disaster for the Krusher.

There's literally nothing to gain in Kov beating Canelo. And I don't see him beating Canelo in any fashion anyways. But maybe he's ready to call it a day & collect that retirement check. He's lost and been stopped before so there's really nothing for him to lose

Comment

So besides that one fight where Kovalev kept on getting hit low in the pubic and bladder area, when was Kovalev actually beaten due to body shots?

Originally posted by Ragnar713 View Post
            If Kovalev wasn’t weak to the body Canelo would not be trying to fight him !
            Originally posted by Damn Wicked View Post
            Yeah, that's how it appeared to me too. It would be interesting to see it again so that I can count the punches. Yarde was more aggressive than some of Kov's opponents , so maybe that's why he was able to land more than the others....although I'm not so sure that compubox is accurate. Kov's also KO many of his opponents earlier in the fight , so many of his opponents didn't have a chance to land that many punches.
            Originally posted by Bronx23 View Post
            Kovalevs resistance to body shots is almost equivalent to Khan's chin resistance. I know body shots suck but Kovalev has absolutely no poker face when it comes to them. He looks hurt everytime hit he gets hit.

I don't wanna see him fight Canelo. Too old, too slow, bad gas tank, and weak to the body against a guy who throws vicious body shots equals disaster for the Krusher.

There's literally nothing to gain in Kov beating Canelo. And I don't see him beating Canelo in any fashion anyways. But maybe he's ready to call it a day & collect that retirement check. He's lost and been stopped before so there's really nothing for him to lose

Comment

Originally posted by Vlad_ View Post
              So besides that one fight where Kovalev kept on getting hit low in the pubic and bladder area, when was Kovalev actually beaten due to body shots?
              Do you not see how he reacts to body shots ? The pubic bladder area is protected by a guard. Those aren't the shots that Yarde or Alvarez were hitting him with. Shots to the gut, liver and solar plexus are Kovs kryptonite if you haven't seen how he reacts to those punches idk what you're watching.

Prior to the Kov Ward rematch I don't think anyone ever sustained a persistent body attack on Kov. Mainly because no one was willing to put themselves inside of his reach and fight inside. Kovs reach power and jab was a deterrent.

Comment

Originally posted by Damn Wicked View Post
                I think Yarde was just in Kovalev's face the whole time. That's why Kov landed so much too.

Comment

Working...
                X