Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Makabu Beats Russia's Papin On Points On Kovalev-Yarde Card

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Makabu Beats Russia's Papin On Points On Kovalev-Yarde Card

Ilunga Makabu beat a hard-hitting Russian in Russia for the second time in barely two months, this time by decision. The South Africa-based cruiserweight contender knocked down Aleksei Papin late in the 12th round and won a majority decision in Chelyabinsk, Russia. Two of the three judges scored their 12-rounder for Makabu on the Sergey Kovalev-Anthony Yarde undercard at Traktor Sports Palace.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Good fight.

Comment

Instant Fight of The Year candidate!

Both are true warriors and deserve all the respect, give Makabu his title shot!

Comment

Great scrap!!

Comment

Respect to the judges for not concocting a "win" for the home fighter.

I wonder what would have been the case if the fight had taken place in the US or Britain with Papin as the home fighter in each case.

Comment

Great fight,.

Comment

Helluva fight. Very entertaining. I didn't score it but felt Makabu deserved it and won it with the KD. Papin gave a very good account of himself. Probably the most entertaining fight of the evening for me.

Comment

Originally posted by slimPickings View Post
                Respect to the judges for not concocting a "win" for the home fighter.

I wonder what would have been the case if the fight had taken place in the US or Britain with Papin as the home fighter in each case.
                I have to be honest, I thought the same exact thing after they rightfully gave it to the foreign fighter. My guess is that Papin would have won if the fight was in the US or UK and that was his native country. Good job on the refs.

Comment

Boxing is just corrupt like that which is sad.

Comment

GIFS: Ilunga Makabu vs. Aleksei Papin - Rounds 11-12.

Round 11.

Comment

Working...
                    X