Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Oleksandr Usyk, Carlos Takam To Take Place Oct. 12 in Chicago

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Oleksandr Usyk, Carlos Takam To Take Place Oct. 12 in Chicago

Oleksandr Usyk will be making his much anticipated heavyweight debut this year after all. The 2018 BWAA Fighter of the Year and unbeaten former undisputed cruiserweight champion will be moving up to heavyweight to fight Carlos Takam on Oct. 12 at the Wintrust Arena in Chicago, a source informed of the fight told Boxing Scene. The matchup will be officially announced later this week.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Takam is a good first try at heavyweight. It's not that deep, and it's not too easy. We can get a good look, I don't think Usyk can take him out. I don't know what any added weight will do if Usyk has to go deep.

Comment

Usyk will destroy him easier than AJ and Chisora did.

Comment

Takam is technical enough to make this a good test. Fighting at HW after a long lay off because of injury I think this is a good fight for the circumstance.

This is better than the last opponent and the next opponent that Fury has lined up.

Comment

They need to change this. I want to go but have a wedding in California that week.

I will write to the promoter.

Comment

Let's all hope Takam destroys him. Usyk has no business at Heavyweight, too small and doesn't have the power. He struggled with Bellew for god sake.

Comment

Originally posted by Deontay Wilder View Post
              Usyk will destroy him easier than AJ and Chisora did.
              Usyk dont destroy anybody, he struggled with Bellew.

Comment

Originally posted by mawoodhouse View Post
                Usyk dont destroy anybody, he struggled with Bellew.
                You're the only idiot who thinks a knockout is struggling.

Comment

Originally posted by mawoodhouse View Post
                  Let's all hope Takam destroys him. Usyk has no business at Heavyweight, too small and doesn't have the power. He struggled with Bellew for god sake.
                  You call that struggling? Bellew wasnt even competitive. It was a savage beating.

But I might be inclined to agree on the size and power. He’s VERY good but is he THAT much more skilled to fight the giants?

Comment

Originally posted by jreckoning View Post
                    They need to change this. I want to go but have a wedding in California that week.

I will write to the promoter.

They need to change the opponent, and I say that as an Usyk fan. This is a waste of a year when he's already in his thirties. Not smart. Takam is 38 years old, lost by TKO to Chisora recently, is the same height as Usyk and only has a 2 inch reach advantage. This fight doesn't really prepare Usyk for the other heavyweights or do anything for him.

It will be great to see Usyk at heavyweight, though. He and Loma are on another level.

Comment

Working...
                    X