Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WBC Champion legitimizes his crown - is Floyd next?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WBC Champion legitimizes his crown - is Floyd next?

Atlantic City, NJ - As Arturo Gatti was waiting for tonight's opening bell he turned and called upon his beloved manager Pat Lynch, who sprang up the three wooden steps onto the ring apron and got his ceremonial pre-fight hug and kiss from his proud fighter. The first one came on June 10, 1991 in Gatti's pro debut, an exhilarating third round technical knockout against Jose Gonzalez. Saturday may have been the last one. [details]

Is Floyd next?

Well Hatton's team has just clearly stated that Hatton won't target Baldomir. And Baldomir has just said he wants Hatton or Pbf so it's up to Pbf.

Question is, will Pbf get the kind of money that he is looking for? Because if he fights Baldy with lesser money than what Margarito has been offering then nobody could deny that PBF is ducking Margarito.

Comment

Originally posted by psychopath
      Is Floyd next?

Well Hatton's team has just clearly stated that Hatton won't target Baldomir. And Baldomir has just said he wants Hatton or Pbf so it's up to Pbf.

Question is, will Pbf get the kind of money that he is looking for? Because if he fights Baldy with lesser money than what Margarito has been offering then nobody could deny that PBF is ducking Margarito.

The thing is, a fight with baldomir could potentially make him the undisputed 147 king.

Comment

I hate when we people wont unify belts.

Comment

No one can claim they are the undisputed welter king until they fight the true welter king margarito....Baldimir would easily get ko'd by margarito...I doubt anyone in the division can claim the same....Gayweather will stick to fighting 140 fighters pretending to be 147 fighters...Until he is dethrone...Margarito will rule for many years to come..remember he is the youngest of these old farts....

Comment

Originally posted by alliberg26
            No one can claim they are the undisputed welter king until they fight the true welter king margarito....Baldimir would easily get ko'd by margarito...I doubt anyone in the division can claim the same....Gayweather will stick to fighting 140 fighters pretending to be 147 fighters...Until he is dethrone...Margarito will rule for many years to come..remember he is the youngest of these old farts....
            I don't know that Margarito would crush Baldomir. Baldomir is the kind of fighter that could give Margarito problems in that Margarito probably can't KO him. Baldomir has a concrete chin and a good come forward style. He will fight back after a guy scores against him. It would be a great fight... one I would definitely like to see. If Margarito really wants Mayweather he should fight Baldomir. If he wins, there will be absolutely no excuse not to fight Margarito as he will be the undisputed WW champ.

Comment

Originally posted by psychopath
              Is Floyd next?

I have to think Baldy could beat Hatton possibly and I think Hatton knows it too.I would like to see PBF fight him I guess.......what else is out there......at least we know Baldy won't duck anyone like some of these other cats are doing.

Comment

Originally posted by Black Jesus
                The thing is, a fight with baldomir could potentially make him the undisputed 147 king.
                True, regardless of what Margarito nuthuggers would like to think, beat Baldomir would make him the 147 champ, Personally I think it would be a bad move for Baldomir, A true boxer like floyd would give him alot of trouble, I see Floyd winning a UD. I would much rather see Baldomir/Margarito, cause I think it would be a much more competitive fight, leaving the winner as the True WW champ.

Comment

dear god, i hope PBF doesnt fight baldo or spinks next....

Comment

Laugh, you're going to criticize Floyd for fighting smaller 147 guys when Margarito is a giant-sized welter. And please, if Gatti and Judah didn't come close to KOing Baldomir, I doubt Tony is going to do it.

Originally posted by alliberg26

Comment

Working...
                    X