Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Vergil Ortiz: I Don't Like The Way I Did in The Fight, I'll Improve

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Vergil Ortiz: I Don't Like The Way I Did in The Fight, I'll Improve

Knockout artist Vergil Ortiz Jr. (14-0, 14 KOs) defeated Antonio "Relentless" Orozco (28-2, 17 KOs) in the sixth round of their 12-round fight for the WBA Gold Welterweight Title. The event took place on Saturday, Aug. 10 at The Theatre at Grand Prairie in Texas and was streamed live on DAZN.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Like this kid's honesty. The crowd got to him so much he was aiming for first round KO and swinging wild with Orozco making him miss at times. Honestly, of all of Robert's fighters, Tanajara had the best performance despite Aviles being a softer opponent. That kid is a technical fighter, uses his height and reach advantage very well, good with the jab and footwork and mixes it up with those combos. In my opinion, Tanajara beats Ryan Garcia. Franco lost that fight and because Negrete was in his yard, they let him keep the belt and spared him another loss on his record since he definitely lost the rematch

Comment

This kid is never satisfied he's always looking for room to improve. He's striving for perfection and is his own harshest critic. If you've followed his career he has spectacular knockouts in 1 round or 2 but when asked to grade himself says I give myself a B- I have things I didn't do that I have to improve. He reminds me of Tom Brady where he never toots his own horn and is always downplaying what he did and saying he needs to improve. This kid is special listen to how he sounds then listen to these other prospects that sound like they are already the greatest and he's got more dominate performances lol

Comment

Ortiz has zero footwork. Should focus on that.

Comment

Ortiz is the real deal, he doesn't believe the hype and he knows he has to improve that's what I like about this kid, very focused a true warrior. Orozco looked chubby at 147, Vergil might be ready for Luis Collazo next.

Comment

Vergil is the real deal! He has been one of my favorite fighters to watch. The dude is amazing!

I love the work Golden Boy Is doing with this kid!

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing Hero View Post
              Vergil is the real deal! He has been one of my favorite fighters to watch. The dude is amazing!

I love the work Golden Boy Is doing with this kid!
              But the problem is that they been too busy making Ryan Garcia a star and the hottest prospect

Comment

At least he knows he's not really ready for the big dogs just yet. He did look a little wild at times last night.

Comment

Like Ortiz a lot his main thing when he steps up competition is his footwork which is nonexistent if he can improve on that and keep his head grounded unlike most of these other big mouth prospects he has a bright future

Comment

WTF is the WBA Gold?

Comment

Working...
                    X