Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Vergil Ortiz: I Really Want Antonio Orozco To Test Me!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Vergil Ortiz: I Really Want Antonio Orozco To Test Me!

Vergil Ortiz Jr. didn't want just any fight for his long-awaited homecoming-nor does he want his adoring fans to go home feeling they didn't get their money's worth. On paper, the unbeaten knockout from Dallas, Texas looks to get his wish in facing former title challenger Antonio Orozco. Their 12-round welterweight clash takes place at Verizon Theatre in nearby Grand Prairie.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Does anyone know why I have Red bars under my name on Boxing Scene?

Comment

I'm ready for this fight! I've been waiting for it since it got announced!!

Comment

“So the moment I won, suddenly Herrera was this old man (despite only being 30 years old) who was past his prime,” Ortiz noted. “The criticism didn’t bother me; I just use that as motivation to do even better in my next fight.

Someone needs to proof read before posting unless Ortiz really did say that cause Herrera was not 30 years old smh

Comment

Originally posted by indelible View Post
          “So the moment I won, suddenly Herrera was this old man (despite only being 30 years old) who was past his prime,” Ortiz noted. “The criticism didn’t bother me; I just use that as motivation to do even better in my next fight.

Someone needs to proof read before posting unless Ortiz really did say that cause Herrera was not 30 years old smh
          I didn't realize that Herrera was only 30 yrs old in that fight. He really did seem old and shot from the opening bell. I was cringing wondering how bad he was going to get KO'd.

Comment

Originally posted by NachoMan View Post
            I didn't realize that Herrera was only 30 yrs old in that fight. He really did seem old and shot from the opening bell. I was cringing wondering how bad he was going to get KO'd.
            I just checked and Herrera is 39 years old
            I think poor Mauricio is shop worn , the guy has been in numerous wars let alone the age factor
            I think tonite’s fight their can be a major upset

Comment

I think Ortiz will actually make easy work of Orozco. His left hook, speed and size is all world class already, this will be a ststaement fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Cutthroat View Post
                I think Ortiz will actually make easy work of Orozco. His left hook, speed and size is all world class already, this will be a ststaement fight.

I think this is a 50/50. Ethier way, I'm ready for this!

Comment

Originally posted by MulaKO View Post
                  I just checked and Herrera is 39 years old
                  I think poor Mauricio is shop worn , the guy has been in numerous wars let alone the age factor
                  I think tonite’s fight their can be a major upset

That's crazy! Herrera is almost as old as Luis King Kong Ortiz who will be fighting Wilder!

Comment

Originally posted by Cutthroat View Post
                    Nothing could be further from the truth. You're basically saying Ortiz is superior to Ramirez. Orozco has been in some tough wars. He's no pushover and will come to fight. Ortiz is still learning. Until we get a fighter that takes him deeper or tests that chin, which could happen tonight, we don't know for sure if Ortiz can take a punch or has the momentum to go 10 rounds. It's like with Teo, so many thought he was a knockout artist and look what happened the moment they stepped him up. Ortiz does have power, is fast and can box some, but Orozco being he's only in his early 30s is still in his prime and not to be underestimated. It'll be a great fight for however long it lasts.

Comment

Working...
                    X