Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Will Anthony Joshua's Mind Be Right For The Ruiz Rematch?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Will Anthony Joshua's Mind Be Right For The Ruiz Rematch?

By Michael Rosenthal - Anthony Joshua's decision to face Andy Ruiz a second time with no interim bouts might be the biggest mistake of his career. Joshua, who is scheduled to face the heavyweight titleholder on December 7 in Saudi Arabia, could erase the result of their first meeting Ruiz's stunning seventh-round kn...
    [Click Here To Read More]

Fact is Ruiz is a beast, shame on all those people who called him names prior to the fight. This guy is going to stop AJ again. Just study Ruiz and ignore AJ for a second. This guy has the experience and knowledge in the ring. Did anyone see his sparring with Holyfield from 2011? Yeah you cannot pay for things like that.

The only way to beat Ruiz is to stick the jab/double jab in his face 24/7 and move, he already felt AJ’s power and he got back up. He even fought with too much respect for AJ, in the rematch all the respect would be out of the window.

The only way Ruiz loses this rematch is if he loses his focus and let all of those nice little things get to him. Fame changes people and I hope he hasn’t lost any of those energy.

Comment

AJ's problem was mental. Something happened or something they hadn't game plan for, during camp.

Simple fix -
      Don't wait.
      Attack, attack, attack.....from a distance.
      If you need to reset, jab and circle.
      When you knock him down, DON'T RUSH IN WITH YOUR CHIN UP.
      They teach this in any neighborhood rec room.
      He will be there for any combo you throw.

Andy doesn't really have a plan.
      Plod forward.
      Use some rudimentary head movements
      Flail away (wide) if he has a guy against the ropes.
      Not too shy to push down on a guys neck.
      Appears to have ''fast'' hands because everything else about him is extremely slow.

Comment

He was simply outclassed.Another win for Ruiz.

Comment

A.J should be taking anxiety medication like Gypsy-Bum Tyson Fury. The pressure is going to lead Joshua to another nervous breakdown. Don't end up in the loony-bin like Tyson Anthony.

Comment

He's been worried since Wlad hit him with that who shot John. A struggle with Takam and a marathon with Parker, now Ruiz dribbles him. His head is rattled.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
              Fact is Ruiz is a beast, shame on all those people who called him names prior to the fight. This guy is going to stop AJ again. Just study Ruiz and ignore AJ for a second. This guy has the experience and knowledge in the ring. Did anyone see his sparring with Holyfield from 2011? Yeah you cannot pay for things like that.

The only way to beat Ruiz is to stick the jab/double jab in his face 24/7 and move, he already felt AJ’s power and he got back up. He even fought with too much respect for AJ, in the rematch all the respect would be out of the window.

The only way Ruiz loses this rematch is if he loses his focus and let all of those nice little things get to him. Fame changes people and I hope he hasn’t lost any of those energy.

Completely agree. Ruiz needs to be focused though, he has it all to destroy AJ again. Thing is, I can't think of too many guys who have lost as bad as AJ did and somehow pull off the rematch. It's a rare thing in boxing.

Comment

I think Joshua should take this.. I'd go for that big target of a belly. potshots to the solar plexus. slow him down finish him off in the later rounds. may the best man win..

Comment

I found these quotes by Ruiz. They tell me all I need to know about the rematch with Joshua’s team still trying to figure out how they lost and what they need to do better in the rematch.

“Andy Ruiz Jr says he will opt for a "more intense" training camp ahead of his rematch with Anthony Joshua. “I think what we’re gonna do, we’re getting a big house in Mexico, somewhere in the nowhere. We’re gonna have a closed camp. We’re just gonna be really focused for this fight. We’re not underestimating him. We just got to work hard and do it again. Show people what I’m capable off. I don’t think we’re going to be changing too much stuff.”

Ruiz stunned Joshua on short notice, fighting Alexander Dimitrenko just 40 days prior, to become Mexico's first heavyweight world champion.

Comment

I like Ruiz, he seems to be a good guy, but this time he will be down and out. thats as sure as the next sunrise

Comment

Working...
                    X