Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Lara vs. Alvarez Upgraded: Now at Stake is WBA 'Regular' Belt

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Lara vs. Alvarez Upgraded: Now at Stake is WBA 'Regular' Belt

BoxingScene.com had been advised that the World Boxing Association has officially upgraded the upcoming junior middleweight fight between Erislandy Lara and Ramon Alvarez. Initially, they were scheduled to fight for the WBA's "interim" title, but now the vacant "regular" title will be at stake.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Lol hilarious!! Crap fight for a crap title from crap organization!!!

Comment

I like lara and all but this fight is a disgrace. Alvarez was ko'd by brandon rios & has never been a quality fighter. He stands no chance vs lara. Having a title at stack makes this even more of a joke. Lara is too good for this kind of fight. Its shameful that he accepted this. He can fight for actual titles right now & would be considered the favorite in most match ups.

Comment

Ridiculous

Castano has that title

Comment

Just another example of the WBA helping out a PBC fighter by handing over a "title" so they can parade around as world champion

Comment

Wut in the f#ck.

But I mean who gives a sh^t. Titles are bs anyway. Lara is my mfer, but win this belt or not hes not The Champ. I think J Rock gots that title right now.

Although I can see a solid argument for my Michigan brother Super Bad Harrison.

Comment

Rios vs Alvarez was a fun action filled fight. Neck to neck rounds but Rios got lucky in the end. Most people need to watch that fight not the just the highlights.

Proves Danny Garcia got power for any Welterweight

Comment

Who got stripped? I'm happy for Lara though...he has gotten the short end of the stick in basically every 50/50 scenario so he deserves 5 more breaks as far as I'm concerned

Comment

So a loss to Bam Bam and a win against Paz gets him a crack at an interim belt. Ramon Alvarez isn’t Canelo, he’s a bonafide journeyman at best.

Comment

Castano got stripped for not coming to terms for a rematch with Soro.

But who cares because it’s a pretend title anyway.

Comment

Working...
                    X