Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Photos: Pascal Shakes Up 175, Beats Marcus Browne in Upset

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Photos: Pascal Shakes Up 175, Beats Marcus Browne in Upset

Pascal, Browne Fight Photos Gallery - The co-main event saw former world champion Jean Pascal (34-6-1, 20 KOs) earn a narrow technical decision over previously unbeaten Marcus Browne (23-1, 16 KOs) to capture the WBA interim light heavyweight title after an accidental headbutt ended the fight in round eight. (photos by Stephanie Trapp & Nabeel Ahmad).
    [Click Here To Read More]

Upset? I donīt get it. Sure, Pascal was the underdog but heīs always been awkward, tough and dangerous. Like a Darnell Boone but with an actual training camp before fights.

Comment

Originally posted by Slowhand View Post
      Upset? I donīt get it. Sure, Pascal was the underdog but heīs always been awkward, tough and dangerous. Like a Darnell Boone but with an actual training camp before fights.
      Pascal was a huge underdog there's no debate about that. After losing his titles to Hopkins he hasn't had a big win since (Bute doesn't count much IMO since he was just destroyed by Froch). Most fighters would also be shot after the brutal Kovalev beatings but Pascal does seem to have gas left in the tank. He's more composed now than he was when he was in his physical prime so he's got that on his side too.

Comment

I dunno why it was such an upset.

Pascal has losses but these are the names he lost to: Kovalev, Hopkins, Bivol, Froch... That doesn't really tell you much.

Was either a 50/50 fight or pascal should have been a slight favorite.
        Last edited by ////; 08-04-2019, 09:10 AM.

Comment

The wonderful thing about boxing

You can be old, look shot and seem to have slowed down or fatigue seem to have set in but the biggest deciding factor is s punch and heart. On today we witness a man not better in talent nor more complete as a fighter and if they were to do it again I would still pick youth, speed and endurance but in boxing I could be wrong again and that’s why we have such an amazing sport. Got to luv it!

Comment

Pass the 50 Cal Pascal!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! & Yarde need to look out for
            Last edited by lowblows420; 08-04-2019, 09:34 AM.

Comment

I have no interest in seeing him fight Bivol again, but his first fight with Kovalev was fantastic!

Comment

Pascal is pretty shopworn. In his prime he replied on his athleticism, chin and right hand. He's no longer that athletic and he doesn't have the same quick reflexes that he once possessed. He's still tougher than nails, awkward and has that powerful right.

Browne was the rightful favorite even if he's been the beneficiary of some suspect officiating and judging. He pretty much dominated Jean in this fight except that he got complacent and got caught twice with that Pascal right.

Im ecstatic about it, I've never liked Browne. He was gifted a win against Kalajdzic and he's a dirty fighter. Outside of the ring he seems arrogant and less than classy. Congrats Jean!

Comment

Not taking anything away from his victory
                  But I feel Browne played right into Pascal’s plans
                  Probably inexperience , although his corner should of gotten his head to go in different direction
                  Incredible the difference from his showing against Jack to this

Comment

Originally posted by PBR Streetgang View Post
                    Pascal is pretty shopworn. In his prime he replied on his athleticism, chin and right hand. He's no longer that athletic and he doesn't have the same quick reflexes that he once possessed. He's still tougher than nails, awkward and has that powerful right.

Browne was the rightful favorite even if he's been the beneficiary of some suspect officiating and judging. He pretty much dominated Jean in this fight except that he got complacent and got caught twice with that Pascal right.

Im ecstatic about it, I've never liked Browne. He was gifted a win against Kalajdzic and he's a dirty fighter. Outside of the ring he seems arrogant and less than classy. Congrats Jean!
                    I don't think Browne got lazy, that second knockdown was a perfectly timed, precise counter hook. I'm willing to bet that Pascal was waiting for Browne to load up that left hook all night.

Comment

Working...
                    X