Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Goossen: Kownacki-Arreola Will Be 'Fight of the Year' Candidate

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Goossen: Kownacki-Arreola Will Be 'Fight of the Year' Candidate

NEW YORK Joe Goossen has been working with Chris Arreola on being more effective defensively. Even Arreola's trainer knows, though, that once Arreola and Adam Kownacki start trading punches Saturday night that their main event inevitably will develop into a slugfest fans won't soon forget. The veteran trainer fully expects those two heavyweights to produce one of the best action fights of 2019 when they square off at Barclays Center in Brooklyn.
    [Click Here To Read More]

These match-ups may not jump off the page for many, but it should be a solid and entertaining card imo

Comment

Slow down Joe
      Getting way ahead of yourself

Comment

Hyperbole aside. The Goosens have dealt with some great talent, stayed in the background and let their fighters be the stars. Unlike Hearn, who sucks the life out of the conversation, with his look at me, look at what I'm doing brand of promoting. Skirting the rules, grabbing every advantage, the one way contracts, the back room settlements. See the difference?

Comment

I like Joe he is a old shool trainer. He maybe right, but for me Arreola clearly past prime for a long time now... Kownacki by TKO 5

Comment

Originally posted by Corelone View Post
            Hyperbole aside. The Goosens have dealt with some great talent, stayed in the background and let their fighters be the stars. Unlike Hearn, who sucks the life out of the conversation, with his look at me, look at what I'm doing brand of promoting. Skirting the rules, grabbing every advantage, the one way contracts, the back room settlements. See the difference?
            I’ve never seen a promoter inject himself as much as Hearn. He actively seeks to have feuds with boxers when the opposing boxers don’t even exchange like that. I’ve never seen such pompous immaturity in a boxing promoter as I do from Hearn.....he isn’t a boxer, he isn’t even a trainer, yet seeks to outshine both fighters and trainers. And people in the uk love him for it.....personally I think he is a right plonker

Comment

I don’t think that’s too lofty a claim. This is going to be a fun scrap that could turn into an all out war. Last year Berchelt/Roman was one of the best fights of the year and that wasn’t a fight between two prime undefeated boxers.

Comment

I don't believe him. Arreola is already talking about retirement. If Chris isn't effective early there's a good chance he folds in the middle rounds. He looked sloopy at the weigh in too, so I don't expect a lot from Chris tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by Joeboxeo View Post
                  I like Joe he is a old shool trainer. He maybe right, but for me Arreola clearly past prime for a long time now... Kownacki by TKO 5
                  i do not respect your knowledge, but kownacki will win the fight.

Comment

Goossen was one of the trainers in the best fight I ever watched.

Comment

Working...
                    X