Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Maurice Hooker: I'll Be Back Better Than Ever in My Next Fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Maurice Hooker: I'll Be Back Better Than Ever in My Next Fight

On Saturday, July 27th, Roc Nation Sports super lightweight boxer Maurice Hooker (26-1, 17 KOs) was defeated by Jose Ramirez (25-0, 17 KOs) in a back and forth brawl that saw the Dallas-native go down in a sixth round technical knockout at the College Park Center in Arlington, Texas.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Hooker will get blasted out at 147.

Comment

Shake back champ and stick to your jab, dont try banging with a guy stronger than you like that next time. Good fight

Comment

Originally posted by mister wolf View Post
        hooker will get blasted out at 147.
        yes indeed he needs to chill

Comment

Felix Diaz vs Maurice Hooker at 147

Comment

That’s too bad the LDBC already abandoned you. Those pathetic losers, smh.

Comment

Getting knocked out is better than a prolonged beating. Maurice is feeling good, like going to the dentist. Some times a weak jaw stops a guy from getting hurt. Khan has been saved for years.

Comment

Big ups to Hooker and Ramirez this past weekend! I couldn't ask for a better fight.

In my opinion, Hooker's gotta work on strength and getting some mass on those chicken legs of his. He kept Ramirez at bay for a while with his chopping right hand, check left hook and his jab while Jose was trying to work his way inside.

Hooker said it best in the post-fight press conference...."I just lost focus" and that's exactly what happened. When you pull straight back with your hands down, you go down....ask Keith Thurman.

I applaud both guys and wish this fight got more attention than the Tank Davis mismatch in that God-forbidden city of his.

Comment

This dude should be thankful for that gift draw he got vs Darleys Perez on the undercard of Ward vs Kov 1. That still ranks as one of the stinkiest decisions in my memory and had he got the L he deserved we probably wouldn't even be talking about him now. His face reminds me of how shitty boxing can be.

Comment

Big fan of this guy. Love the way he is carrying himself as a champion in defeat.

Comment

Working...
                    X