Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Frank Warren on Conlan, Ramirez-Catterall, Dillian Whyte

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Frank Warren on Conlan, Ramirez-Catterall, Dillian Whyte

WE MAY BE hitting August this week doesn't time fly! but the boxing beat continues on BT Sport this Saturday with a pretty much unique show from Falls Park in Belfast. An outdoor arena is being constructed for Michael's featherweight showdown and a decent step up in his 12th fight against Diego Alberto Ruiz.
    [Click Here To Read More]

I quite enjoy Frank's words. No nonscence

Comment

"The Board have got to sort out this mess to save their integrity and that of the sport in this country. Everybody I am speaking to from overseas is now having reservations over whether to bring fighters over.

Bob Arum called me yesterday to express similar concerns and is worried about bringing Lomachenko over at the end of August." - Frank Warren

Andy Ruiz, take heed! Don't do it!

Comment

"Bob Arum called me yesterday to express similar concerns and is worried about bringing Lomachenko over at the end of August"

I bet he did

Comment

I've got to agree with Frank warren, the situation is very dodgy, it looks like all parties involved are hiding something. Untill this is all resolved UKAD/BBBC/medroom;-) and team whyte simply can not be trusted in any way shape or form. Mr Warren said some within the BBBC wanted to stop the fight from going ahead and others didn't, now considering Frank has been in the game longer than most promoter's barring arum and King, his words must have some clout.

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
            "The Board have got to sort out this mess to save their integrity and that of the sport in this country. Everybody I am speaking to from overseas is now having reservations over whether to bring fighters over.

Bob Arum called me yesterday to express similar concerns and is worried about bringing Lomachenko over at the end of August." - Frank Warren

Andy Ruiz, take heed! Don't do it!
            100% correct, don't fight in uk Andy.

Comment

People seem to be forgetting that without UKAD Whyte wouldn't have tested positive

Comment

Originally posted by ultravividscene View Post
                People seem to be forgetting that without UKAD Whyte wouldn't have tested positive
                Yeah tested positive and then swept under the carpet and allowed to fight after secret hearings and not informing his opponent. taking a journalist to blow the whistle on it. Yes amazing job UKAD. It may of never came out at all if it wasn't for journalism so really **** UKAD they're probably in place only to catch out the away fighter like they did with Tony Thompson vs price.

Comment

Fair enough the secretly being cleared to fight bit seems off, but only because we shouldn't have known about it until both samples had been tested. As i say without UKAD and relying only on WBC/VADA Whyte would have been a clean fighter. Therefore, if the fight was in the US and Whyte was training over there he wouldn't have been caught.

There is a presumption of innocence until proven guilty. Proof of guilt requires the B-sample to be tested and come up positive too. Whyte was innocent at the time of fight. Without said 'journalism' this would have gone the way all drug testing has ever gone before, with the result of the fight changed post-fight upon establishment of guilt.
                  Last edited by ultravividscene; 07-31-2019, 09:49 AM.

Comment

The fact that not one of these commissioners felt duty bound to tell Rivas he was being cheated and now use a confidentiality claus as an excuse is ridiculous. It's like saying we knew a bank robbery was going to happen, but we signed confidentiality with the crooks not to tell you. That just makes them crooks too.
                    Last edited by Corelone; 07-31-2019, 11:12 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    X