Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Boxing's Horrible Week Makes It Clear That We Can Do Better

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Boxing's Horrible Week Makes It Clear That We Can Do Better

By Michael Rosenthal - Two deaths and another failed drug test by a well-known fighter. I can't remember a worse week in boxing. On Saturday Maxim Dadashev and Hugo Santillan, fighting about 5,000 miles apart, received the blows that would result in their deaths days later. We also learned that heavyweight Dillian Whyte was allowed to fight Oscar Rivas on Saturday even though he had failed a drug test three days earlier, arguably putting Rivas in a vulnerable position...
    [Click Here To Read More]

Pac next? How the hell is he not getting caught yet? While these cheats are getting caught so easily.
    Pac is still dropping fools and maintaining speed and power at the age of 40. He must still be on one right?

Comment

Originally posted by Boxknowledge75 View Post
      Pac next? How the hell is he not getting caught yet? While these cheats are getting caught so easily.
      Pac is still dropping fools and maintaining speed and power at the age of 40. He must still be on one right?
      Wrong! Pac is being questioned when in fact, he's never failed a drug test in the 24 years. It's a narrative that has yet to be proven and appears to be fueled by jealousy because there's no other logical explanation.

Comment

Ar the very minimum, Rivas' team should of been made aware that Dillian Whyte "A" sample was dirty! FOUL! Dillian Whyte came to the ring with some gloves that were never inspected! FOUL!

R.I.P. to the warriors we lost last weekend! The sport MUST do better!

Comment

Damn I hope that McGirt is doing well. That has to fuk with his mind a bit, he stopped the fight but is probably going to wonder if he stopped it earlier if the guy would still be alive. Thats a natural thought but hopefully he doesnt take it too hard.

As for Whyte, Ive been saying the the last week during all the recent steroid discussions thats been talked about, these tests are almost meaningless and when someone does get popped positive, there is just a slap on the wrist and they move on. In this case, there is so much money to lose that they rather just go through with the fight. I'm of the opinion that everyone is on PEDs anyways so we should just stop all testing and let athletes do whatever they want. The whole thing with testing is a dog and pony show. 99% of all athletes will just come up with a BS excuse - contaminated meat, contaminated supplements, wrong nasal spray ect. Nobody ever admits they purposefully took PEDs unless their career is in the twilight and they already made their money.

Comment

Originally posted by chubuk7 View Post
            Wrong! Pac is being questioned when in fact, he's never failed a drug test in the 24 years. It's a narrative that has yet to be proven and appears to be fueled by jealousy because there's no other logical explanation.
            Mosley and Holyfield never failed a drug test either. So what.

And when someone does test positive, its just as meaningless. They allowed Whyte to fight, Hearns knew about it, said nothing, and his opponent was apparently never informed or given the opportunity to decline the fight even though Whyte was tested positive for dianobol. If the opponent and public isnt even going to be told of a positive test until AFTER the fight, what is even the point of testing.

I say just get rid of all testing. Its meaningless.

Comment

Some posts goes after Pacman but what about Floyd he has tests in the past that are suspicious and using illegal injections for the Pac fight and others that can be used to mask illegal substances.

Comment

Unfortunately fighters dying is a part of the sport.

From all accounts McGirt tends to be a trainer that’s quick to call a fight / So there’s probably nothing that could have been done just a horrible situation

The Only Pure trash disgusting event of the week was Whyte popping dirty and whoever knew not notifying Rivas team. Whoever knew about this before hand should be dealt a long suspension or outright banned from the sport. That situation is a complete joke

Comment

Sh^t I coulda told you 2 weeks ago or 2 years ago boxing can do better.

Comment

Originally posted by chubuk7 View Post
                    Wrong. People are on Pac's case b/c there is no logical explanation for his ability to carry his power up through 8 weight classes. Hes 40 and performs for like he's 30. Either he is superhuman, or he has some help. Btw, I consider Pac an all time great and exceptional human, but use your common sense bud.

Comment

Working...
                    X