Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Wilder Says He Would Be "Furious" in Oscar Rivas' Position

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Wilder Says He Would Be "Furious" in Oscar Rivas' Position

WBC heavyweight champion Deontay Wilder has continued to speak out on division rival Dillian Whyte, regarding the drug testing saga with respect to Saturday's fight with Oscar Rivas. Whyte, 31, came up positive for a banned substance three days before his fight against Rivas at London's O2 Arena, which saw Whyte win on points.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Wilder is correct.

Comment

Wilder is on point here!

As fans, fighters or former fighters we have to show we care and the one way of doing that is have stiff penalties for mishaps like this, better yet cheaters like this! If proven guilty a 5 year ban, which would mean career over and we need to set a precedence at some point why not start now.

Comment

Curious as to how the WBC will respond to this news. They ought to be outraged. Since they sanctioned the fight they should have been made aware. hearn obviously knew if the WBC found out they would have called off the fight, no matter what BBB did. The BBB and promoter should be banned by the WBC, for intentionally sidestepping them on the entire matter. They are the sanctioning body. They should have had a chance to remove their sanctioning if they desired. Wilder's right ... possible lawsuits coming.

And on the heels of hearn's "outrage" at Miller over cheating, this is very surprising, hypocritical, and disgusting behavior by him. I thought he hated cheaters and wanted lifetime bans?
        Last edited by MastaBlasta; 07-26-2019, 11:59 AM. Reason: spelling

Comment

Wilder would never be in Rivas’s position because he would have never of taken the whyte fight

Comment

Wilder is right about one thing .. if Whyte isn't cleared of all wrong doing after the evidence is examined, UKAD and the BBBoC will be in the shit, big time.
            They knew that themselves when they cleared him to fight, and they had all the evidence right there in front of them. That's what makes me believe Dillian is innocent and he will be able to prove it.

Comment

Originally posted by hitmanjosh View Post
              As fans, fighters or former fighters we have to show we care and the one way of doing that is have stiff penalties for mishaps like this, better yet cheaters like this! If proven guilty a 5 year ban, which would mean career over and we need to set a precedence at some point why not start now.
              Would be his second violation in u.k which brings a 8 year ban so yea his career pretty much over once investigation is done

Comment

Originally posted by hitmanjosh View Post
                I agree there should be a set ban time like 5 years for all fighters popped

The trouble we have is ukad gives out two year bans and vada 6 months

There should be a universal ban across the board so cheats get f**ed

5 years is enough to put daftys off for sure

Comment

Originally posted by MastaBlasta View Post
                  Curious as to how the WBC will respond to this news. They ought to be outraged. Since they sanctioned the fight they should have been made aware. hearn obviously knew if the WBC found out they would have called off the fight, no matter what BBB did. The BBB and promoter should be banned by the WBC, for intentionally sidestepping them on the entire matter. They are the sanctioning body. They should have had a chance to remove their sanctioning if they desired. Wilder's right ... possible lawsuits coming.

And on the heels of hearn's "outrage" at Miller over cheating, this is very surprising, hypocritical, and disgusting behavior by him. I thought he hated cheaters and wanted lifetime bans?

I wonder if there is a hard and fast rule about notifying all respective parties of a positive drug test. The fact that the "B" sample wasn't tested yet should be irrelevant. The WBC and the camp of Oscar Rivas should have been notified immediately in the interest of transparency. A decision about allowing the fight to continue could have been made at this point. I am trying to like Eddie Hearn. The more boxing the better but he is an awfully tough guy to respect. His remarks after the test results were announced are typical shady, shyster type nonsense.

Comment

Originally posted by kafkod View Post
                    Wilder is right about one thing .. if Whyte isn't cleared of all wrong doing after the evidence is examined, UKAD and the BBBoC will be in the shit, big time.
                    They knew that themselves when they cleared him to fight, and they had all the evidence right there in front of them. That's what makes me believe Dillian is innocent and he will be able to prove it.
                    I hope so because I like Dillian but if he has been on the gear he should be punished hard

Quite interesting his Instagram post today so we will have to see

Would be a waste of a promising career

Comment

Working...
                    X