Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Pacquiao-Thurman Card Did $6.26M Gate From 11,346 Tickets Sold

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Pacquiao-Thurman Card Did $6.26M Gate From 11,346 Tickets Sold

Manny Pacquiao-Keith Thurman was an entertaining welterweight title fight, full of memorable moments. It still wasn't quite the sellout that was announced Saturday night. According to a Nevada State Athletic Commission report obtained Thursday by BoxingScene.com, 11,436 tickets were sold to the card headlined by Pacquiao and Thurman at MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas. Organizers of the event also issued 1,675 complimentary tickets to the show, which is 1,245 short of accounting for the announced attendance of 14,356.
    [Click Here To Read More]

OK.

How bout PPV numbers?

How did that do

Comment

Originally posted by Mighty_Windir View Post
      OK.

How bout PPV numbers?

How did that do
      the ppv numbers won't be released if they are bad! There's wasn't that much buzz for this fight I don't think they broke 500k. Pacquiao's drawing power has continually gone down since the fourth marquez fight.

Comment

Originally posted by DaBeastO View Post
        the ppv numbers won't be released if they are bad! There's wasn't that much buzz for this fight I don't think they broke 500k. Pacquiao's drawing power has continually gone down since the fourth marquez fight.
        I think it was 350k or less.

Comment

Fox will probably air it again on PPV this weekend to maximize buys like did for Spence/Garcia.

Comment

I don’t see how Ppv’s still sell in today’s day in age with the price tag being 60 or 70 dollars(last Ppv I brought was mayweather vs pacquiao so not to sure about today’s prices)

The movies are like 20 dollars so it’s a no brainer for me. Plus the theater I was at to watch the fight was packed to the point that they opened up another auditorium to sell more tickets.

Comment

Originally posted by The tucker View Post
              I don’t see how Ppv’s still sell in today’s day in age with the price tag being 60 or 70 dollars(last Ppv I brought was mayweather vs pacquiao so not to sure about today’s prices)

The movies are like 20 dollars so it’s a no brainer for me. Plus the theater I was at to watch the fight was packed to the point that they opened up another auditorium to sell more tickets.
              Yeah in the day of illegal streaming ...ppv will be low, nobody is willing to pay those ridiculous prices if they can watch it for free on a stream.

Comment

Originally posted by The tucker View Post

People still like to have fight parties. Invite 10+ people over. BBQ. Drink.

Comment

This won't tempt Floyd to come back...

Comment

the ppv numbers won't be released if they are bad! There's wasn't that much buzz for this fight I don't think they broke 500k. Pacquiao's drawing power has continually gone down since the unanimous loss to Jeff Horn.
                    Corrected that - because remember, MayPac happened after Manny was KO'd by Marquez. Yet Australia showed up in droves to support their guy fighting Manny.

Nah...it's the Horn loss that really sealed it for fans.

Comment

Working...
                    X