No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Gervonta Davis - When The Rivals Arrive

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Gervonta Davis - When The Rivals Arrive

By Cliff Rold - 24-year old Gervonta Davis (21-0, 20 KO) has lights out power, personality, and this weekend has a chance to start to entrench a local fan base as he makes his first start in his hometown, Baltimore, since his fourth professional fight. The two-time titlist at 130 lbs. (whose two reigns are separated only by his missing weight and losing the IBF belt in August 2017) also has a promotional deal...
    [Click Here To Read More]

'PBC is having a strong year at welterweight and Jr. middleweight.' - I would include heavyweight now, as ALL the belts are in PBC hands.

That is beside the point. When are you 'Journalists' going to come out, show some courage and expose PBC/Fox as nothing more than a business? It's a match made in Hell id ever there was one.

Stop pretending that the Pugilistic Boxing Circus is nothing more than a company that only moves and is only motivated by numbers.
    Fighters are mere commodities who are not pushed at all by Al Hyaman. He is only concerned that a fighter is surrounded by conditions which are expedient and furthering their perceived value.

They are a cancer, just like Fox, who have used the public as a laboratory in which the aim is to find the quickest and cheapest means to get us, consumers, subscribing to their narrative.

I challenge anyone here to do a little research on the Fox/News Corp business model - figures such as Roger Ailes, Rupert Murdoch and not admit that they are all about power and control.

Comment

"Russell hasn’t fought more than once a year in, well, years so this idea might have to wait until next spring but…

The MGM Grand right outside Washington, DC hosted two of Russell’s last three fights and he calls the area home. Washington, DC versus Baltimore, Maryland in a big fight could be a big deal in the Mid-Atlantic. If Davis draws reasonably well Saturday, it’s an idea worth exploring; a crowning of the king of the DMV if you will."

That's the fight I want to see! I think that would be a HUGE event in the DMV! The MGM Grand might not be big enough? Might need the Capitol One Arena (where the Wizards play) which has a capacity of 20,656? Make It Happen! GRJ...MAN UP! LSC don't want that work!

Comment

Tank is an explosive fighter but hard to place him in the Elite collum when his best win is Jose Pedraza. Inactive and most of his fights are against blown up bantam/featherweights.

Comment

Originally posted by Califire209 View Post
          Tank is an explosive fighter but hard to place him in the Elite collum when his best win is Jose Pedraza. Inactive and most of his fights are against blown up bantam/featherweights.

the fact that this guy is 24 and had one fight in '18 is truly pathetic. this isn't a HW who needs to fill out and won't hit his peak for another few years. davis will be a lightweight and a jr ww in a few years, and with his short stature and style that's not going to suit him well i fear!

he has a lot of talent. one of the most accurate and hardest punchers in boxing, i really believe that. shame that he's been content to duck lomachenko and seemingly wander into boxing thinking he was allowed to call shots and take an easy road to pay per view money.

Comment

I like Farmer but I can see Tank stopping him down the stretch if they ever get it cracking

Comment

"Davis has personality"......Lol!!! Can't even complete a full sentence in most interviews!! Keep lining up the Hispanic tomato cans....Tank the next A.Berto!

Comment

Originally posted by Kiowhatta View Post
                'PBC is having a strong year at welterweight and Jr. middleweight.' - I would include heavyweight now, as ALL the belts are in PBC hands.

That is beside the point. When are you 'Journalists' going to come out, show some courage and expose PBC/Fox as nothing more than a business? It's a match made in Hell id ever there was one.

Stop pretending that the Pugilistic Boxing Circus is nothing more than a company that only moves and is only motivated by numbers.
                Fighters are mere commodities who are not pushed at all by Al Hyaman. He is only concerned that a fighter is surrounded by conditions which are expedient and furthering their perceived value.

They are a cancer, just like Fox, who have used the public as a laboratory in which the aim is to find the quickest and cheapest means to get us, consumers, subscribing to their narrative.

I challenge anyone here to do a little research on the Fox/News Corp business model - figures such as Roger Ailes, Rupert Murdoch and not admit that they are all about power and control.
                Good post! the people who really run the show are the bosses of the corporate bodies who own the networks where boxing is screened/streamed.
                Last edited by kafkod; 07-25-2019, 10:10 AM.

Comment

"The question here: are they already in his division or will he have to look a little high and low?"

Wherever Loma is, Tank will look somewhere else. At least, until Loma starts showing his age.

Comment

GRJ has been calling for this fight as well as the Santa Cruz fight. So let's see if either will 'man up'...

Comment

Working...
                    X