Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: ******n Federation Plans To Investigate Passing of Dadashev

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: ******n Federation Plans To Investigate Passing of Dadashev

The entire boxing world is still in shock after the news broke on Tuesday morning that Maxim Dadashev passed away four days after suffering a brain injury in a fight where his trainer Buddy McGirt pleaded with him to stop because of the number of punches he was taking in the fight.
    [Click Here To Read More]

He was severely dehydrated alongside his brain injuries apparently so I suspect he had a bad weight cut on top of the extended punishment. This practice is gonna have to be investigated and probably regulated more.

Comment

Good. Needs to be.
      Keeping him there for quite a few minutes after pulling him. Allowing it to go on even though he was unable to swallow from early rd on.

Comment

Originally posted by johnbook View Post
        Good. Needs to be.
        Keeping him there for quite a few minutes after pulling him. Allowing it to go on even though he was unable to swallow from early rd on.
        Exactly, he looked like a literal ghost halfway through and I thought Buddy pulled him out way too late, he was unresponsive and glazed for a while at that point. The whole affair is sickening enough to turn your stomach.

Comment

Originally posted by BoloShot View Post
          He was severely dehydrated alongside his brain injuries apparently so I suspect he had a bad weight cut on top of the extended punishment. This practice is gonna have to be investigated and probably regulated more.
          Danny O'Connor, David Lemieux, and now this! These ABC organizations keep talking about safety, yet they have done nothing!

Comment

Footage from the fight shows Dadashev shaking his head in his corner as McGirt pleads with him to stop the fight, telling him: "You're getting hit too much, Max. Please, Max, please let me do this."

I didn't watch the fight, and now I know how it ends, I never will, so can somebody please tell me what this is about?

Did McGirt pull Dadashev out at that point, or did he let him continue because Dadashev wouldn't agree with the call?

Comment

Originally posted by kafkod View Post
              Footage from the fight shows Dadashev shaking his head in his corner as McGirt pleads with him to stop the fight, telling him: "You're getting hit too much, Max. Please, Max, please let me do this."

I didn't watch the fight, and now I know how it ends, I never will, so can somebody please tell me what this is about?

Did McGirt pull Dadashev out at that point, or did he let him continue because Dadashev wouldn't agree with the call?
              He pulled him out at the 11th round, when he said all of that, but it was already way too late. That was clear for anyone to see. He was gone halfway through the fight, fighting on instinct and bravery alone. I thought it was a bad stoppage for being late rather than early. Buddy will regret that for life.

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
                Danny O'Connor, David Lemieux, and now this! These ABC organizations keep talking about safety, yet they have done nothing!
                He didnt even pass his medical I'm hearing now. My lord they'd rather not pull him out of the show for his safety and instead opt to keep him there undoubtedly for monetary purposes. Disgusting.

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
                  I'm for same day weigh ins coming back.

Comment

Originally posted by Mister Wolf View Post
                    I'm for same day weigh ins coming back.
                    I don't know if that would help? I like second-day weigh-ins myself.

Comment

Working...
                    X