No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Manny Pacquiao-Keith Thurman: Afterthoughts

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Manny Pacquiao-Keith Thurman: Afterthoughts

No matter what happens from here, last Saturday night is always going to stand out. It wasn't just Manny Pacquiao winning. It was the way he won. Keith Thurman resisted, gave everything he had, and the older man still wasn't to be denied. It was like a greatest hits list early, Pacquiao scoring a knockdown and Thurman's face showing the surprise of how sudden Pacquiao can be and the realization he'd been had.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Pacquiao vs Spence Jr
    Thurman vs Danny 2

Comment

"Under the PBC umbrella, Danny Garcia is without a dance partner. Pacquiao-Garcia could be every bit as entertaining as the Thurman fight and would be another quality younger foe who would run Pacquiao hard."

I think Al Haymon should make Garcia vs. Garcia in the fall, and Manny should fight the winner in 2020! As far as Keith "Once Upon a Time" Thurman, I think he should consider fighting Terrence Crawford! Bob would pay him nicely, because Crawford desperately needs a Top 5 opponent! Keith could cash out with Bud, and go home to his beautiful wife, and maybe even become an analyst for FOX or SHO!

Comment

Pac prob gonna face the Spence/Porter winner

Comment

Originally posted by P4Pdunny View Post
          Pac prob gonna face the Spence/Porter winner
          No problem for the warrior Pacman. However, Gibbons and Buboy from his team are now deadset on protecting him due to his age, so no Spence, Crawford, Porter. It will be one of the Garcias next, I guess.

Comment

The fight was very good and much closer than many are claiming. We are mesmerized by the fact that a legendary fighter performed very well against an undefeated champion. But to watch the fight 2 or 3 times, the fight was highly competitive, and the only clearly dominating rounds by Manny were 1,2, and 10. The judges obviously gave the close rounds to Manny as well. But when facing a legend like Manny, Keith was not only facing the icon, but the mystique as well. To get a draw he would of had to win 10 rounds. I don’t have a problem with the results, but the commentators were biased and did a poor job. By no means did Manny outclass Keith. Keith did a great job. If it was any other opponent, with that performance, the outcome could have been in his favor. It was a great fight at an elite level. But at this point, I don’t see either beating Spence or Crawford. I think Manny will end up fighting Mikey or Danny next. I see Keith fighting either AB or Ugas.

Comment

Out of all Thurman’s fights this one I liked the most.! The KD is what sealed the deal for PAC. It’s not like it wasn’t a great close competitive fight. One Time needs to not be so inactive

Comment

Dumb author:

Says: Let's get into it....

Proceeds to give a closing statement and ends article.

Comment

Originally posted by jvsnypes View Post
                  The fight was very good and much closer than many are claiming. We are mesmerized by the fact that a legendary fighter performed very well against an undefeated champion. But to watch the fight 2 or 3 times, the fight was highly competitive, and the only clearly dominating rounds by Manny were 1,2, and 10. The judges obviously gave the close rounds to Manny as well. But when facing a legend like Manny, Keith was not only facing the icon, but the mystique as well. To get a draw he would of had to win 10 rounds. I don’t have a problem with the results, but the commentators were biased and did a poor job. By no means did Manny outclass Keith. Keith did a great job. If it was any other opponent, with that performance, the outcome could have been in his favor. It was a great fight at an elite level. But at this point, I don’t see either beating Spence or Crawford. I think Manny will end up fighting Mikey or Danny next. I see Keith fighting either AB or Ugas.
                  I agree with everything you said.

Comment

Keith is now ready for Bud!

Comment

Working...
                    X