Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Thurman Felt He Needed Knockdown To Win After Taking Body Shot

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Thurman Felt He Needed Knockdown To Win After Taking Body Shot

LAS VEGAS Keith Thurman thought he was closing the gap on the scorecards as he and Manny Pacquiao pushed toward the championship rounds Saturday night. Once Pacquiao caught him with that hard left hook to the body in the middle of the 10th round, however, Thurman determined that he'd have to do something comparably noticeable if he was going to sway the judges before their 12-rounder ended. The former WBA welterweight champion couldn't do that and lost a split decision to the 40-year-old Pacquiao at MGM Grand Garden Arena.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Hmm, and I actually thought Thurman had the stuff to beat everybody at WW but Crawford. Good job, Pac!

Comment

That body shot that Pacquiao landed was the most clutch punch he's landed in his entire career. It pretty much won him the fight.

Comment

He talked a lot of sh@t before the fight but now it seems pretty evident to everyone he was trying to sell the fight and Manny eluded to that also after the fight. And Thurman has been nothing but a class act after the fight when microphones have been put in his face and on social media. And he didn’t run from Manny, give him respect for all the above. And there is no shame losing to a legend regardless of his age, especially having the 1st loss to PAC.

Comment

Keith made me a fan!
          Come back stronger!
          Smart guy!

Comment

P.b.c.

One of the all time greats showed that he still has it (Pacquiao)and one of great fighters (Thurman)fought his ass off. Great job all the way around Al Haymon🥊

Comment

Thurman fought well ... he will come back from this and put on a great show

Props to manny old boy still has it

Comment

Thurman a class act. I still think he has a skillset that could cause the other beltholders problems.

Comment

Lets say Spence and Crawford hit harder than Collazo or Pacquiao. Collazo gave keith some trouble. Pacquiao beat him by bodyshots. I think spence and Crawford stop him if they land some huge bodyshots.

Comment

keith is a class act

i always knew he talked trash just to get in manny's head but he's always acknowledged pac's greatness in the ring

Comment

Working...
                    X