Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Photos: Lomachenko, Campbell - Go Face To Face in London

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Photos: Lomachenko, Campbell - Go Face To Face in London

Lomachenko, Campbell Face To Face Photos Gallery - Pound-for-pound number one Vasiliy Lomachenko will face Luke Campbell for the WBC, WBA, WBO and Ring Magazine Lightweight World titles on Saturday August 31 at The O2 in London, live on Sky Sports Box Office in the UK and ESPN+ in the US. (photos by Dave Thompson).

[Click Here To Read More]

This is a very good match up imo. Campbell is a top contender, Loma top dog in his division. Campbell has advantages in size and reach, Loma in everything else.

It should not be PPV though.

Comment

Originally posted by soul_survivor View Post
      This is a very good match up imo. Campbell is a top contender, Loma top dog in his division. Campbell has advantages in size and reach, Loma in everything else.

Ive said all along & I think it will continue to hold true that at 135 & up loma will be in a dogfight life & death vs any top champ or highly rated opponents. He has been feasting off smaller/limited or more inactive opponents most his career & when he steps up his competition level at 135 he suddenly looks completely beatable. I'm calling it now & I can't remember last time I was wrong but I think Campbell gives him a life & death dog fight & may even win.

I might even bet on Campbell if odds are astronomical for loma. Loma is the furthest thing from a killer at 135 & will continue to show it vs opponents that aren't ex brain trauma victims like crolla.
      Last edited by kushking; 07-21-2019, 10:52 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by kushking View Post
        Ive said all along & I think it will continue to hold true that at 135 & up loma will be in a dogfight life & death vs any top champ or highly rated opponents. He has been feasting off smaller/limited or more inactive opponents most his career & when he steps up his competition level at 135 he suddenly looks completely beatable. I'm calling it now & I can't remember last time I was wrong but I think Campbell gives him a life & death dog fight & may even win.

I might even bet on Campbell if odds are astronomical for loma. Loma is the furthest thing from a killer at 135 & will continue to show it vs opponents that aren't ex brain trauma victims like crolla.
        exactly. Loma at 135 is like floyd at 154. Loma should go back to his natural weight 130

Comment

Originally posted by kushking View Post

Loma beat Linares in his first fight at LW and the latter was the best 135 ponder on the planet. Terrific, competitive fight and nothing wrong in winning that way, especially by stoppage.

Will he find it tougher against bigger opponents? Of course he will which will make his wins even more lauded.

Comment

Originally posted by killakali View Post
            exactly. Loma at 135 is like floyd at 154. Loma should go back to his natural weight 130
            Thats the perfect analogy because both are actually tall for 130/147 respectively but since they don't rehydrate because of style/speed,they aren't ideally suited for higher weights where fighters are same height or taller but also rehydrate more.

Comment

Fingers crossed for a solid undercard although I doubt it. Think this is a good fight tho

Comment

Loma beat Linares in his first fight at LW and the latter was the best 135 ponder on the planet. Terrific, competitive fight and nothing wrong in winning that way, especially by stoppage.

Will he find it tougher against bigger opponents? Of course he will which will make his wins even more lauded.
                I commend him for fighting at his true top weightclass of 135. I don't think he belongs fighting below 135,130 at absolute lowest if its vs tank level opponents only(ive said this from day 1). If loma was to go down to 130 & face marriaga levels hed kill,but I wouldn't consider it impressive & theres nobody whod be as big a draw besides tank,at 135 because hed have much tougher time vs any top opponents it makes him sell better & rank higher. I wish floyd campaigned at 154 also. As for Linares he has always had a weak chin but no doubt was a solid win,& imho Lomas best win because he kod him when the chips were down.

Comment

Lomachenko is going to wipe the floor with most of his competition. This guy is light years ahead of most. I would like to see him fight Shakur Stevenson or gervonta. He's being fed mediocre competition. FOH

Comment

Originally posted by OPS View Post
                    Lomachenko is going to wipe the floor with most of his competition. This guy is light years ahead of most. I would like to see him fight Shakur Stevenson or gervonta. He's being fed mediocre competition. FOH
                    Gervonta is well hidden under Mayweather's wing. When Loma starts slipping and aging, Gervonta will come out like a genie from a lamp.

Comment

Working...
                    X