Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Pernell Whitaker - Could He Have Been Perfect Like Mayweather?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Pernell Whitaker - Could He Have Been Perfect Like Mayweather?

By Michael Rosenthal - Several casual boxing fans reached out to me and asked the same question after news broke that Pernell Whitaker had been killed on Sunday night: "Was he THAT good?" Yes, he was that good. Whitaker was similar to the more-familiar Floyd Mayweather, a defensive wizard who made...
    [Click Here To Read More]

Whitaker's win over Chavez is greater than anything Floyd has done.

Comment

However, delahoya beat him even though he tried to showboat at the end of his losing the fight! Just like Gayweather! He was better than Gayweather, though. RIP CHAMP!

Comment

Whitaker should’ve definitely gotten victories over Chávez, Ramirez and De La Hoya. He was that generations Floyd Mayweather.

Comment

Originally posted by Stokely View Post
          Whitaker should’ve definitely gotten victories over Chávez, Ramirez and De La Hoya. He was that generations Floyd Mayweather.
          Im sorry, but Oscar got him 8-4 imo.

Comment

Everyone one who is considered great is compared to May......

Comment

Originally posted by Curtis Harper View Post
              You should go watch Whittaker fight and you would understand. He is very similar to Mayweather in many aspects of his game. He is who Mayweather was compared to coming up

Comment

Originally posted by dwayne3534 View Post
                You should go watch Whittaker fight and you would understand. He is very similar to Mayweather in many aspects of his game. He is who Mayweather was compared to coming up
                I'm going off of the title of this thread.

Generally speaking, May is held higher than one would think, if they went by how NSBers felt.

Comment

Originally posted by Curtis Harper View Post
                  Except that Whitaker didn't retire everytime it was convinient. Now, if you don't know what I'm talking about then do your homework.

Comment

Originally posted by illpapi View Post
                    Except that Whitaker didn't retire everytime it was convinient. Now, if you don't know what I'm talking about then do your homework.
                    Meh.....the title of this thread didn't change

Comment

Working...
                    X