Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Diego De La Hoya: I Was Hurt in My Head, I Didn't Feel Right

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Diego De La Hoya: I Was Hurt in My Head, I Didn't Feel Right

Carson, California - Ronny Rios (31-3, 15 KOs) of Santa Ana, Calif. defeated Diego De La Hoya (21-1, 10 KOs) of Mexicali, Mexico via upset, sixth-round technical knockout in a battle originally scheduled 12 rounds.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Before anyone starts with the quitter comments I wanna give respect to DelaHoya for admitting his head didn't feel right and listening to his gut .
    He's still young and the last thing we need in the sport is another Adonis Stevenson situation .

Get well Diego .

Comment

He had Joshuaitis?

Comment

Originally posted by Mooshashi View Post
        He had Joshuaitis?
        Rios needs a lot of snickers to get the appearance of Ruiz

Comment

That was very dangerous and scary. It's a good thing that De La Hoya had the presence of mind of shutting it down before it was too late; Because he could have easily slumped over in his corner and fallen into unconsciousness. I am sure they checked him out at the hospital for further observation though.

However, I thought the Avila vs Gonzalez stoppage was just the opposite and worse. Here's a guy getting beaten from pillar to post and the referee did absolutely nothing. He could have been seriously hurt in there as a result of the amount of head shots he was eating and the referee's poor judgement in stopping the fight.

I have to hand it to to Oscar, he put on a very nice card at the former Hub Stub/Home Depot center in Carson, CA. last night. It featured many shockers and upsets. It was easily his best card of the year.

Comment

Since the dawn of boxing time has there ever been a relative of a great star who is anywhere near as good

Comment

Originally posted by GrandpaBernard View Post
              Since the dawn of boxing time has there ever been a relative of a great star who is anywhere near as good
              Leon Spinks / Michael Spinks.

Comment

Originally posted by revelated View Post
                Leon Spinks / Michael Spinks.

Comment

"Dem punches hurt." - Delahoya.

Comment

Originally posted by GrandpaBernard View Post
                    Floyd Mayweather is as clearly better than his father and his uncle Roger. I’d say Corey Spinks was better than Leon Spinks and Michael Spinks was better than the both of them.

Comment

Working...
                    X