Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Juan Francisco Estrada vs. Dewayne Beamon Finalized, August 24

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Juan Francisco Estrada vs. Dewayne Beamon Finalized, August 24

Juan Francisco Estrada will defend his WBC and Ring Magazine Super-Flyweight titles against Dewayne Beamon at the Centro de Usos Mltiples in Hermosillo, Mexico, on Saturday August 24, live on DAZN in the US and on Sky Sports in the UK.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Idk who that is but Estrada is awesome so I'm watching

Comment

Sh** fight. Should not be sanctioned as a world title fight. There were loads of better options. Someone like Rodriguez Jr would be perfect for a homecoming bout.

Comment

"Mr. Stop Running"

Dude went pro the day after he turned 30. Good for him.

Comment

Who da fook is that guy Boxrec Breakdown.

Dewayne "Mr Stop Running" Beamon. Ummm greatest nickname I've heard in a minute I'll give him that right off the top.

33 years old. 34 in a couple weeks.

Boxing for 4 years.

16-1-1 (11).

7-1-1 (6) vs boxers with winning records.

9-0 (5) vs boxers with losing or even records.

Will have been on the longest layoff of his career by fight night, 10 months.

Marks on record: Dm10 Angel Ramos (17-1-1) & Ls8 Martin Tecuapetla (13-9-4). He avenged the Tecpetla L 2mos later.

Best W: William Gonzalez (30-6) KO5.

Comment

“Now my objective is to defend my title in Hermosillo and break an attendance record of 10,000 persons in CUM"

Comment

Originally posted by RJJ-94-02=GOAT View Post
              Sh** fight. Should not be sanctioned as a world title fight. There were loads of better options. Someone like Rodriguez Jr would be perfect for a homecoming bout.
              Not the best but not a bad fight either. The guy is ranked with a couple sanctioning bodies, has a good ko percentage & his ring name is Mr no running so at least we can expect a fight. So that's good, but yeah I've never seen beamon fight & he does have a lose to a high level journeymen (though he avenged it) so that's kinda telling of his actual level. Estrada has more often then not faught tough opposition though so his next defense will probably be more competitive

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
                Who da fook is that guy Boxrec Breakdown.

Dewayne "Mr Stop Running" Beamon. Ummm greatest nickname I've heard in a minute I'll give him that right off the top.

33 years old. 34 in a couple weeks.

Boxing for 4 years.

16-1-1 (11).

7-1-1 (6) vs boxers with winning records.

9-0 (5) vs boxers with losing or even records.

Will have been on the longest layoff of his career by fight night, 10 months.

Marks on record: Dm10 Angel Ramos (17-1-1) & Ls8 Martin Tecuapetla (13-9-4). He avenged the Tecpetla L 2mos later.

Best W: William Gonzalez (30-6) KO5.
                You missed the answer. I had a go at his Boxrec earlier to try to get to the bottom of this. Oddly he's actually signed with Zanfer, 2nd highest ranked superfly Zanfer have by Boxrec rankings, after Estrada. Just a good ol inhouse fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Randall Cunning View Post
                  You missed the answer. I had a go at his Boxrec earlier to try to get to the bottom of this. Oddly he's actually signed with Zanfer, 2nd highest ranked superfly Zanfer have by Boxrec rankings, after Estrada. Just a good ol inhouse fight.
                  This is one area where Mexican boxing and Puerto Rican boxing take different paths. I'm not trying to down PR, this is just an observation. In Mexico, they'll let an outsider, like Komiko (Mexicanito) and Beamon build a career. In PR they overmatch any imports and its like a lead based economy. They always win until they get out of Dodge.
                  Last edited by Corelone; 07-10-2019, 02:29 PM.

Comment

Hopefully more cards are put together in Mexico

Comment

Working...
                    X