Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Plant: I Have Same Respect For Lee As Other Opponents - None

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Plant: I Have Same Respect For Lee As Other Opponents - None

Caleb Plant has decided long ago that he has all the friends he needs in boxing-especially among those in or around the super middleweight division. The unbeaten fighting pride of Ashland City, Tenn. remains mentally locked in for his July 20 showdown versus Chicago's Mike Lee (21-0, 11KOs), which tops a Fox primetime telecast live from the MGM Grand in Plant's adopted Las Vegas hometown.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Plant stops him before the 8th

Comment

Lee is nothing more than a protected glorified club fighter but plant is running his mouth non stop trying to intimidate lee.Some is normal but he’s gone overboard it makes me wonder.

Comment

Originally posted by Longhaul View Post
        Lee is nothing more than a protected glorified club fighter but plant is running his mouth non stop trying to intimidate lee.Some is normal but he’s gone overboard it makes me wonder.
        Yeah, Plant's act is getting a little stale for me. He did well to beat Uzcategui but what's the point in running your mouth on a fighter as limited as Lee? He really shouldn't be facing a fighter who's only accomplishment of note is his Subway commercial. Oh well.

Comment

Can't miss this one! Plants the boxer and Lees the brawler....undoubtedly theyve each studied each others previous fights and want to demolish in the worst way! Lees going to try and bust thru Calebs posturing & posing boxing style, it'll be interesting to see how Lees determined seek and destroy style plays out against Plant who should be forced to box at a faster pace (at least I think he''ll be "forced" to react quicker).

The judges might not dig Plants "waiting" counter intuitive style, but I'm pretty sure Lee will taunt the livin' daylights outta Plant to force quicker reaction time......They both got those fast twitch muscles that should turn this thing into a fast paced chess match, plus they both seem to have that hungry "pride" in keeping with not wanting to know what its like to lose.....I always lean on the boxers skill set through it all, so Lee better come with something extra to at least make it a draw!! But for now? Caleb should box his way to a points win....
          Last edited by lion33lit; 07-07-2019, 03:10 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Longhaul View Post
            Yes indeed sir! I like Plant but he has been running his mouth alot lately. Can't wait to see if he can "walk the walk" against the real players at 168lbs.

Comment

In regards to plant running his mouth....he reminds me of Bernard Hopkins....a type of fighter who always feels he has to be the underdog in order to perform his best. He has to feel like everyone is a threat and everyone wants him to lose because that’s ho he had motivated himself on the way up. He has to be that poor kid from a trailer, who fought in the projects, who lost a daughter, who’s mother was shot and killed.....Plant will never be the “dignified champion” type because that’s not who he is inside. Even though he will become a millionaire, he will always be that fighter who got to where he was in total poverty and violence. He is exactly the same type of competitor that Bhop was. Fighters like that never lose focus, always train hard, never get out of shape, don’t put toxins in their bodies....because inside they fear going back to what they were.

Comment

Originally posted by Oldskoolg View Post
                In regards to plant running his mouth....he reminds me of Bernard Hopkins....a type of fighter who always feels he has to be the underdog in order to perform his best. He has to feel like everyone is a threat and everyone wants him to lose because that’s ho he had motivated himself on the way up. He has to be that poor kid from a trailer, who fought in the projects, who lost a daughter, who’s mother was shot and killed.....Plant will never be the “dignified champion” type because that’s not who he is inside. Even though he will become a millionaire, he will always be that fighter who got to where he was in total poverty and violence. He is exactly the same type of competitor that Bhop was. Fighters like that never lose focus, always train hard, never get out of shape, don’t put toxins in their bodies....because inside they fear going back to what they were.
                Good post man...I don't think we usually agree but I liked your insights here, well said

Comment

Plant should keep talking more. The dude is hilarious!

Comment

But he respected the benevides brothers when they approached him

Comment

Working...
                    X