Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Gilberto Ramirez is Ready To Face Gvozdyk or Beterbiev Next

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Gilberto Ramirez is Ready To Face Gvozdyk or Beterbiev Next

If September is the national month for Mexico, for Sinaloa's Gilberto Ramirez it could represent the opportunity to be world champion for the second time in his career. According to Ramirez, there is a possibility that he could challenge the light heavyweight champion of the World Boxing Council, Oleksandr Gvozdyk.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Either guy would be an interesting matchup!

Comment

Gvozdyk needs a big fight soon, or he risks becoming irrelevant. I would rather prefer Browne or Beterbiev, but Ramirez is a good fight too.

Comment

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
        If September is the national month for Mexico, for Sinaloa's Gilberto Ramirez it could represent the opportunity to be world champion for the second time in his career. According to Ramirez, there is a possibility that he could challenge the light heavyweight champion of the World Boxing Council, Oleksandr Gvozdyk.
        [Click Here To Read More]
        Zurdo FTW.

Comment

Pick one. I would watch.

Comment

Either of the champs beats him IMO. Although I think he has more chances against Beterbiev. I think Zurdo'll get Gvozdyk and Artur will get rid of his mandatory in a possible double header.

Comment

Yeah like he fought the best at smw. lol Let's see the first round to believe that.

Comment

ESPN and DAZN have been bad for boxing so far. Before them, all these current light heavyweight champs were fighting 3x a year. Now, we haven't heard a peep about any of them since like February or March, except for Kovalev's mandatory with Yarde which isn't happening until nearly the third third of the year. I guess if they get him another fight in December, Main events is still doing right by him, but the others, it's like they've disappeared since they got to ESPN and DAZN. What ever happened to Dmitry Bivol? He was the name on everyone's lips this time last year, now it's like he doesn't even box anymore. You follow his manager on twitter, he barely even tweets about the guy. Few updates whatsoever on anything.

Arum said ESPN would let guys fight 3-4 times per year. Hope that wasnt bull**** but if so, why didnt Gvozdyk get his big fight in the summer instead of waiting for a good, but non-unification, fight in September?

Anyway, hopefully it's Bivol-Zurdo, or Gvozdyk-Zurdo, and either Bivol-Beterbiev or Beterbiev-Gvozdyk (that just seems like the ideal match, both huge light heavyweights. Bivol would be more like a skilled 168 vs Beterbiev, which is also interesting in its own way), and Kovalev-Canelo.

Comment

Originally posted by KrusherStan View Post
                  Either of the champs beats him IMO. Although I think he has more chances against Beterbiev. I think Zurdo'll get Gvozdyk and Artur will get rid of his mandatory in a possible double header.
                  Zurdo did beat Karpency was easier than Gvozdyk. Who knows what shape Karpency was in but still. Gvozdyk also is fast and functional in the ring at 185 pounds. I doubt he can get heavier than that otherwise he already would. Zurdo meanwhile was functioning well at 195 pounds vs Karpency, probably a big reason his shots were so effective. So 175 Zurdo may be a different beast. Not having to drain down to 168 allows him to rehydrate to a crazy amount, 10 pounds higher than Gvozdyk. 10 pounds was enough for Salido to make Lomachenko look like a pea shooter, and make Salido look like an equal fighter as Lomachenko, which no offense, he's not, "pound" for "pound." Could the same happen here?

It would be a good fight, one of the better ones of the year considering what a weak year it's been. I'd still prefer Gvozdyk vs Beterbiev though.

But like I said in another comment, hopefully Kovalev faces Canelo, then that leaves 4 others, Zurdo, Bivol, Gvozdyk, and Beterbiev, to mix and match. Or would Yarde get Zurdo under that circumstance? In which case Gvozdyk vs Beterbiev and maybe Bivol gets the Browne mando out of the way or something.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing Logic View Post
                    Zurdo did beat Karpency was easier than Gvozdyk. Who knows what shape Karpency was in but still...
                    Karpency took the Gvozdyk fight on a very short notice, that's true, but he was also very very motivated in that fight. And against Ramirez he was just a shadow of himself.

Comment

Working...
                    X