No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Vlasov vs. Chilemba Rematch in Play For July 20

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Vlasov vs. Chilemba Rematch in Play For July 20

Light heavyweight contender Maxim Vlasov of Russia will continue the rebuilding process on July 20th at Central Square in Gelendzhik, when he faces veteran Isaac Chilemba, who is no stranger to fighting in Eastern Europe.
    [Click Here To Read More]

I'm remember the first fight, Vlasov was young and inexperienced. The fight, like many Chilemba fights, was a tactical affair and without much excitement. I imagine Vlasov to win the rematch as Chilemba is showing his mileage but I doubt it will be a very exciting affair.

Comment

I'll have to take a day off to mentally and spiritually get ready for this much-awaited rematch.

I hadn't been that excited since Gianfranco Rosi vs Darrin Van Horn II.
      Last edited by Tatabanya; 07-04-2019, 01:19 AM.

Comment

Well clearly this one ain't raising orgasmic levels of excitement among the 'Scene denizens, but nontheless I'm kinda looking forward to it.

Curiously PBR the dudes are the same age and debuted around the same time despite it feeling like Chilemba was a grizzled veteran from the day he first laced up.

Comment

Originally posted by Koba-Grozny View Post
          Well clearly this one ain't raising orgasmic levels of excitement among the 'Scene denizens, but nontheless I'm kinda looking forward to it.

Curiously PBR the dudes are the same age and debuted around the same time despite it feeling like Chilemba was a grizzled veteran from the day he first laced up.
          Did not know that Koba, thanks for the insight. Funny how perception of something can run counter to reality. It feels like Chilemba has been around forever, still remember watching him and Bellew fight a couple times. I still think Maxim has a little more tread on the tires at this point.

Comment

Originally posted by PBR Streetgang View Post
            Did not know that Koba, thanks for the insight. Funny how perception of something can run counter to reality. It feels like Chilemba has been around forever, still remember watching him and Bellew fight a couple times. I still think Maxim has a little more tread on the tires at this point.
            I was surprised myself when I checked, but I do remember in the past having thought Chilemba's a lot older than he actually is. It's a fair point about the respective mileage on em though - I mean, Isaac has fought a who's who of talent at LHW this decade whereas despite having had a greater number of fights Maxim has only really been in a coupla career sapping battles.

That said, like a Hopkins or a Braehmer, Isaac has a style that should age very well, and in the main he doesn't take masses of punishment even in a loss.

Comment

Didn't Vlasov knock Chilemba down twice in the first fight or am I mistaking?

Comment

Originally posted by DuckAdonis View Post

Round 8. But outside of that Chilemba made Vlasov look kinda lost...

(apologies seems like it won't embed - just follow the link though)

Comment

Originally posted by DuckAdonis View Post
                  Damn. I didn't remember that either. I remember watching that fight but it's amazing what the memory forgets.

Comment

Cool rematch to have after all these years, very curious to see how Vlasov looks at 175 after coming down from cruiser. If he can be healthy and active at this weight and bring his power with him, he could be a threat in that division. I think he could give somebody like Beterbiev problems, maybe even Kovalev

Comment

Working...
                    X