Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Beltran Overweight, Can't Win IBF Lightweight Title From Commey

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Beltran Overweight, Can't Win IBF Lightweight Title From Commey

Ray Beltran won't get another chance to win a lightweight world title Friday night after all. The former WBO 135-pound champion came to the scale Thursday afternoon in Temecula, California, significantly overweight for his fight against IBF champion Richard Commey. Phoenix's Beltran stepped on the California State Athletic Commission's scale at 136 pounds, a pound-and-a-half over the lightweight maximum.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Come on dude

Comment

Thanks for this crap, Bob Arum.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post

Haha, what's this gotta do with Arum?

Comment

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
          Ray Beltran won't get another chance to win a lightweight world title Friday night after all. The former WBO 135-pound champion came to the scale Thursday afternoon in Temecula, California, significantly overweight for his fight against IBF champion Richard Commey. Phoenix's Beltran stepped on the California State Athletic Commission's scale at 136 pounds, a pound-and-a-half over the lightweight maximum.
          [Click Here To Read More]
          Wow, disappointing. Honestly, the story of Beltran's career, isn't it ? A fight away from a big payday, gives it to Pedraza. Gets his hand fixed, KO's Okada. A chance at Commey and maybe Loma again, weight issue. The payday that got away.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
            ESPN can’t be happy with the sham ratings they are getting out of Arum lately. His top rank programming started off to such strong ratings early on and its just crashed lately. There is talk Crawford May let his contract expire in 2020 and move to PBC. If that happens it’s a sizeable blow to top rank and a massive acquisition for PBC

Comment

Its hard for me to believe this isn’t strategy. Beltran missed weight that badly and didn’t try to cut it. I think he feels his career is done with a loss and he wants every advantage.

Comment

Originally posted by Pigeons View Post
                Haha, what's this gotta do with Arum?
                People thank Al Haymon when PBC puts on a great event. I just thought I would thank Bob Arum for Top Rank putting on a trash event.

Comment

Comment

Dude is old as hell and fought at 140 in his last fight, what did they expect?

Comment

Working...
                    X