Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Who's Going To Win? The Most Dangerous Question in Boxing

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Who's Going To Win? The Most Dangerous Question in Boxing

By Michael Rosenthal - I was interviewed on a sports-talk radio show in the U.K. the night before the Anthony Joshua-Andy Ruiz fight and said with confidence that I saw no realistic way Ruiz could win the heavyweight title fight. That's just one of my many regrettable answers to the most dangerous question in boxin...
    [Click Here To Read More]

TBH I'm looking for the old Keith Thurman, One Time, he hurts you then he knocks you out.

I haven't seen that in a while.

Comment

I'm going with Thurman

Comment

Midget Pacman is inspired to be underdog and is excited to rumble. Author favored another KO artist in Lucas Matthysse versus Pacman!
        Last edited by Letmaku; 06-23-2019, 10:07 AM.

Comment

I rewatched most of their last fights.

I am going with Thurman.

The number one thing I noticed is Thurman did have solid timing in his punches, he still had crisp combinations landing multiple in a row. His negatives were he did react badly when tagged, he would back up and try to dance around WITH HIS HANDS LOW, never tying up. Lopez was close to dropping him a few times because he was able to land multiple follow up shots once Thurman was hurt, since Thurman's only recovery technique was movement with low hands, WTF. Thurman's stamina was also bad, he faded the second half of the fight while Lopez came on strong.

Pacquaio, the number one reason I am picking Thurman is that watching closely you see that most of his shots vs Broner were not landing clean at all. Broner lost because he shells up when pressured and doesnt throw any shots, Pac through his usual punches in punches but the accuracy was gone, a lot were not landing cleanly or landing at all.

Both fighters seem to have less power than they used to. Thurman in particular was weird because he was landing crisp combinations but they didnt have as big effect on lopez as you would expect. We knew Pac hasnt had that power in a long time.

If this was old Pac from the Cotto fight that used to land his combos with accuracy, I would pick him for sure based on the way that Thurman does not know how to hold or keep his hands up when hes hurt. But I am picking Thurman because his timing is still there, hes only 30, Pac's timing is gone, Broner was tailor made for him to tee off on the way Broner shells up and doesnt throw but Pac was missing a lot on a sitting duck. Thurman's stamina should be a fixable issue with a good camp this time too.

Comment

Michael Rosenthal, just stop watching boxing, you don't know shtt about it, you don't understand what you're watching
            Last edited by MEXfistology; 06-23-2019, 06:37 AM.

Comment

Thurman wins by KO 4TH RD GOES ON TO FIGHT SPENCE JR BEFORE THE CRAWFORD SPENCE FIGHT THEN Spence Jr vs Crawford with Spence as a-side vs Crawford BIG FIGHT..........Spence Jr would have a hullva res'ume and views vs TR's Crawford which would be holding point....but Garcia, Thurman, Porter vs (Kahn/Crawford and......) Clearly Spence Jr would have the edge vs Crawford in negotiations
              and Pac begins his Mayorga tour
              Last edited by IHITBACK; 06-23-2019, 06:45 AM.

Comment

This is one fight I'm not looking forward to.

If Pacquiao wins they'll start building him a statue immediately proclaiming him the best ever! You don't get that title beating Keith Thurman.

If Thurman wins he'll think he's king sh_t again, icing out any potential match up with Spence or even Crawford for that matter.

This fight should've taken place 4 or 5 years ago.

Comment

I really don't care about this fight as and it's a lose/lose for Thurman. If Thurman can't KO and old guy like Manny (Legend but old) than it shows he wasn't as good as he thought. If Manny wins Thurman just lost to an old guy.

Comment

Thurman by late KO, or UD!

Comment

Working...
                    X