Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Fury's Vegas Debut Generates $882K From 5,489 Tickets Sold

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Fury's Vegas Debut Generates $882K From 5,489 Tickets Sold

Not great obviously, but not terrible either everything considered.

The face of boxing. The cash cow. The golden goose.

Comment

The last UFC event did 16,000 tickets and 2 milion gate revenue and that was co-headlined by 5'4" Henry Cejudo and a female fighter.

Fury has a long way to go to setting America on fire. He'll need a bigger Uncle Sam hat next time.

Comment

People on here were convinced he had a bugle successful turn out

Comment

Not surprising. It was a complete bs fight.

I mean ffs this ain't a complicated thing to promote boxing at some level. And putting a UK guy without a bunch of belts in with a German guy even hardcore boxing fans don't know at among the hyped of boxing venues in the world that happens to be in neither fighters country is about f#cking r3tarded.

Comment

Showtime and ESPN must feel sick with how much the paid Wilder and Fury, the numbers they got back were terrible. DAZN with Golovkin too.

Comment

Time for Arum and ESPN to Cash out on the Wilder rematch .

Comment

Originally posted by Robbie Barrett View Post
                Showtime and ESPN must feel sick with how much the paid Wilder and Fury, the numbers they got back were terrible. DAZN with Golovkin too.
                Good point. I also wondered that. I don't care about the business side at all, but how do you make 1 million gate and be able to pay Fury 12 million?

I'm not math smart. I still don't get where the purses and profits will come from.

Comment

Originally posted by Idunnoshet View Post
                  Time for Arum and ESPN to Cash out on the Wilder rematch .
                  Then continue doing business with Mr. Haymon and make all the other fights in all divisions including: Davis-Lomachenko and Spence-Crawford. Make those before Wilder-Fury. The first two are PPV worthy. Wilder-Fury, I will stream.

Comment

Yikes. all that spin from Bob arum about how fury is some super star a combination of Muhammad Ali and George Foreman and they couldn't even generate 900K at the box office. And they paid him $12.5M for that shytty azzz fight SMH

Comment

Working...
                    X