Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Curtis Stevens vs. Wale Omotoso, at 154, on August 3 at Barclays

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Curtis Stevens vs. Wale Omotoso, at 154, on August 3 at Barclays

Brooklyn puncher Curtis Stevens has announced that he will move down in weight to 154 pounds, as he eyes up a world title in the Super Welterweight division. Stevens, who shared a ring with fellow knockout artist Gennady Golovkin, is well known to those inside of New York and is recognized within boxing circles as one of the most talented fighters within New York, if not the USA.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Is Stevens with PBC now? That dude is never in a boring fight.

Comment

Damn Stevens is only 5'7 but has fought at light heavyweight on a few occasions, would surely have more luck with his power down at 154, should be fighting at 147 really! Good on him he's got a lions heart.

Comment

If Stevens would’ve made this move in his prime, he could’ve maybe won a world title

Comment

Glad to see Stevens is coming back, always liked his style and his attitude.

I think his career would've turned different had he fought Lemieux smartly.

Nevertheless he is always in good fights.

Comment

Originally posted by Cobracmndr6193 View Post
            Is Stevens with PBC now? That dude is never in a boring fight.
            He’s a free agent to my knowledge. Unless he’s signed with Uncle Al very recently

Comment

Originally posted by RJJ-94-02=GOAT View Post
              He’s a free agent to my knowledge. Unless he’s signed with Uncle Al very recently
              I think his manager is the same one as Kownacki's manager and that's probably how he got on this card.

Comment

Stevens has gone backwards with his weight. I doubt at this age he will do anything. He might get KOed quicker if he has to squeeze to 154

Comment

Thing is, and he should know this, it isn't about just punching power in his case. He just isn't that talented of a boxer. That's why GGG and Lemieux demolished him. And why N'Dam easily out boxed him. And even Tureano was handily out boxing him until the quick stoppage in the last round. I don't expect a lot with this move south.... but he'll be in exciting fights usually, so that should keep him in decent paychecks for a few years at least.

Comment

Originally posted by STREET CLEANER View Post
                    Stevens has gone backwards with his weight. I doubt at this age he will do anything. He might get KOed quicker if he has to squeeze to 154
                    I was thinking the same thing. Donaire surprised me tho.

Comment

Working...
                    X