Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Chad Dawson set for return as fighter, catalyst for next generation

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Chad Dawson set for return as fighter, catalyst for next generation

By Lyle Fitzsimmons - When I look at Chad Dawson, I think of Tommy Hearns. Not in terms of overall ability and ring success which are fights the "Hitman" wins clearly over "Bad Chad" but rather in what each man has done and is doing for his son and other young fighters. In case you hadn't heard, Dawson is...
    [Click Here To Read More]

Dawson is a good fighter whose career has far more ups than downs. Maybe not Hall of Fame good, but he is worthy of the conversation and considering how lax the Boxing Hall requirements are I think he gets in.

He is also a shot fighter I hope hangs up his gloves before he gets hurt. If he wants to do a few fights to help promote his kid against club level fighters, than okay. But he cannot be serious about contending again.

Comment

at his age I wonder if he has what it takes to compete at the highest level.

Comment

Please stop encouraging this. This has a Stevenson potential ending to it. He has been done for a long time and moving him to a title shot against a young lion can end brutally. Let him stay retired plenty of talent at LH

Comment

Originally posted by landotter View Post
          Dawson is a good fighter whose career has far more ups than downs. Maybe not Hall of Fame good, but he is worthy of the conversation and considering how lax the Boxing Hall requirements are I think he gets in.

He is also a shot fighter I hope hangs up his gloves before he gets hurt. If he wants to do a few fights to help promote his kid against club level fighters, than okay. But he cannot be serious about contending again.
          I doubt it. The general rule is boxing is the longer you stay and the more times you lose in your post prime years the more people forget about your prime.

Dawson wss literally the man at 175lb. He was a top P4P fighter at his peak one bad decision ruin his whole career. That fight with ward made no sense then he came back to LH and fought a prime Adonis smdh.

Hang them up family. It's over.

I hope he doesn't turn to drugs. He can be a great trainer.

Comment

Fitz----
            You are being unfair to Cancia/Machado. Machado beat Jezreel Corrales for the title...then the org backtracked and gave it to Gervonta. Machado is the man who beat the man...and then was soundly beaten by Chango.

Comment

I usually don't like commenting on life outside of the ring but mannnnn child support and bad money management...two things boxers just can't avoid.

Comment

Originally posted by JcLazyX210 View Post
                I doubt it. The general rule is boxing is the longer you stay and the more times you lose in your post prime years the more people forget about your prime.

Dawson wss literally the man at 175lb. He was a top P4P fighter at his peak one bad decision ruin his whole career. That fight with ward made no sense then he came back to LH and fought a prime Adonis smdh.

Hang them up family. It's over.

I hope he doesn't turn to drugs. He can be a great trainer.
                I thought the Ward fight was a decent game I’ll for Chad that made sense. Ward wasn’t known as some crushing fighter. He built a name for himself super 6 wise. He was lineal champ w belts at 168. That was the biggest fight for Chad to make and Chad wanted to make big fights. If he lost the fight, at the time, everyone figured he’d lose by decision. So what ? He goes back up to 175 and defends his titles. Clearly it didn’t work out that way, but made sense at the time. Boxing is risky.

Now he’s going back up to 175. His real weight. He made Adonis Stevenson come up from 168 to fight him. This one, in hindsight I don’t think made sense. Sure Stevenson was the smaller guy and sure Stevenson had been stopped and had stamina issues. But he was a murderous puncher. So if you’re coming off a loss, why ? I agree s you here. He probably should have fought Pascal again if he was looking for an HBO caliber comeback fight.

As far as him turning to drugs, where does that statement come from ? Why would you think he’s going to turn to drugs ?

Comment

On the night that Chad Dawson beat Thomas Adamek, I thought we were looking at an ATG boxing career. It's crazy how things unfold sometimes!!!

Comment

Fitzsimmons continues to be one of the worst in the business.... Hes been following the sport for too long to be constantly absolutely clueless.

Cancio is the real WBA champion. Machado beat the WBA "super" world champion Corrales, and then Cancio beat him. The corrupt WBA switched Machado's title from "super" to "regular" overnight based on nothing so they could allow Davis to fight for it.

Davis has the fake belt, Cancio is the champ. Period.

Comment

Working...
                    X