No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Cruiserweight: The Replacement

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Cruiserweight: The Replacement

By Cliff Rold - Oleksandr Usyk remains the king at cruiserweight. Technically. That will only last so much longer. Usyk was supposed to make his move to heavyweight a few weeks back but an injury messed up the timeline. His arrival will come. His hold on belts in his division is ending a hair slower. The WBA already put Denis Lebedev back in place as their top titlist. The WBC belt is n..
    [Click Here To Read More]

I have a feeling glowacki is gonna spark briedis out. The latvian didn't look too great in his last two fights. I wonder if the usyk war took a bit too much out of him.

Comment

Originally posted by blinyard View Post
      I have a feeling glowacki is gonna spark briedis out. The latvian didn't look too great in his last two fights. I wonder if the usyk war took a bit too much out of him.
      There were some reddit reports of a split with his trainer and problems with his attitude since gained some fame... though Mairis has publicly blamed his poor performance against Gevor / Mikaelian on injury and other misfortunes...

There was a thread on here - a couple in fact - early this year or late last relating to it, but I can't quickly locate 'em. Upshot is that if Mairis is back on form I see him controlling the fight, but not dominating, to a reasonably solid UD on home soil. If the Mairis that showed up to fight Gevor steps in with Glowacki he's in for a very long night... or perhaps even a short one.
      Last edited by Citizen Koba; 06-13-2019, 02:08 AM.

Comment

damn man this was a really good article. i really enjoyed it. coupka great comments, too.

duuuuuuude, glowacki-dorticos would be a freakin GREAT finals match for WBSS!!

Comment

Usyk already vacated the WBO. Glowacki is the full champion.

The articles on this site are not well researched. Y'all posted an article the other day saying that Doritcos vs Tabiti would be for the vacant WBC belt literally days after it was announced that Briedis vs Glowacki was for said belt.

Get it together.

Comment

That Dorticos Gassiev fight was awesome.

Comment

Originally posted by Koba-Grozny View Post
              There were some reddit reports of a split with his trainer and problems with his attitude since gained some fame... though Mairis has publicly blamed his poor performance against Gevor / Mikaelian on injury and other misfortunes...

There was a thread on here - a couple in fact - early this year or late last relating to it, but I can't quickly locate 'em. Upshot is that if Mairis is back on form I see him controlling the fight, but not dominating, to a reasonably solid UD on home soil. If the Mairis that showed up to fight Gevor steps in with Glowacki he's in for a very long night... or perhaps even a short one.
              https://www.boxingscene.com/forums/s...hlight=Briedis

Comment

I think I'm picking Glowacki as well

Comment

Glowacki surprised me with how easily he handled Vlasov. Briedis definitely hasn't looked great in recent fights.

Gun to my head I'd say it's going to be Glowacki vs. Tabiti finals.

Comment

Working...
                  X