Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Andy Ruiz: A Year Ago I Wanted To Leave Boxing, I Had No Money

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Andy Ruiz: A Year Ago I Wanted To Leave Boxing, I Had No Money

Two weeks ago, Andy Ruiz was a boxer among the many Mexicans who stand out in the world. But after his knockout against Anthony Joshua to become the first heavyweight champion in Mexican history and capturing the WBA, WBO, IBF, IBO belts, he has been received in his country as a national hero.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Good on him, he's actually a HW champion most of us can all resonate with.

Comment

And now he has two good paydays and three belts. If he wins the rematch then he can call all the shots. I think for him the rematch is more important for his career than the first fight.

Comment

I'm happy for him, Ruiz seems to be a genuinely nice bloke.
        Win or lose the rematch, he's set for life anyway. If he wins, maybe chase Wilder for the undisputed shot - other than that there's nothing wrong in riding off into the sunset if he's happy with his lot in life.

Comment

He was with top rank at that time, we all know Bob arum low balls his fighters, he ain't paying none of his fighters what Mr Al haymon pays his, even Manny pacquiao jumped ships to PBC..

Comment

... His trainer was the first who told the story...

Comment

Marco Antonio Barrera is the most Mexican fighter I really admired met him 2008 at Mandalay Bay.

Comment

"Ruiz owns three of the four belts"

He gots 4 of the 5 belts. Lets not forget he scooped up the Snickers Championship.

Comment

Stories like this are few but great to hear

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
                    "Ruiz owns three of the four belts"

He gots 4 of the 5 belts. Lets not forget he scooped up the Snickers Championship.

That Snickers belt legit looks better than all the other junk belts like the wbc diamond/pearl necklace/super fugly mayan belt.

Ruiz should walk out with just that Snickers belt for the rematch. Why not?? Can anyone seriously argue it's any less prestigious than the ibo belt lol.

Comment

Working...
                    X